Building Awnings Under A Plate

sascea

Hello - 

How do I build this awning to fit under the floor system of the room above without it removing my walls and everything? I could just patch this with a polyline solid but.. I'm guessing I'm missing the setting to click for this roof to be built here without it tearing down my wall above.

Soffits-Roof Under Wall.jpg

Hi solver, sorry about that! I've switched up the view and attached it here. So what I am referring to is the structure with black fascia. At the moment, you can see a sort of cut-out where I am only drawing that roof plane to the line of wall above. However, it *should* be drawn under the top plate of the floor below, where it sort of fits under that wall above. I can't seem to represent that correctly in 3D - as you can see in the second image, if I run that roof line past the wall above it "cuts open" the wall above and doesn't display a soffit. Is there anything I can do to let the program know I am intentionally drawing this roof plane to fit under the wall above? If I draw a ceiling plane to fix this, I don't get the fascia, so it's still not correctly representing what I'm trying to do.

I hope this provides some clarification.

Soffits-Roof Under Wall-Vector.jpg

Soffits-Roof Under Wall-Vector2.jpg

1 hour ago, sascea said:

Hi solver, sorry about that! I've switched up the view and attached it here. So what I am referring to is the structure with black fascia. At the moment, you can see a sort of cut-out where I am only drawing that roof plane to the line of wall above. However, it *should* be drawn under the top plate of the floor below, where it sort of fits under that wall above. I can't seem to represent that correctly in 3D - as you can see in the second image, if I run that roof line past the wall above it "cuts open" the wall above and doesn't display a soffit. Is there anything I can do to let the program know I am intentionally drawing this roof plane to fit under the wall above? If I draw a ceiling plane to fix this, I don't get the fascia, so it's still not correctly representing what I'm trying to do.

I hope this provides some clarification.

Soffits-Roof Under Wall-Vector.jpg

Soffits-Roof Under Wall-Vector2.jpg

Your roof is too high and is cutting the roof.  Try selecting that upper wall and setting it to be cut by roof in the roof panel of the dbx.