Auto Story Pole Elevations and Top of Plate Question

OldBarnDesign

Hey Everyone, 

I have a question about auto story pole elevations when it comes to finding the top of a knee wall plate. In an exterior elevation, CA doesn't seem to find the top of the plate when I create a roof on top of an automatically generated knee wall. I made a brief video to explain what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!

Cody

I just answered one of my questions regarding the elevation saying in 10 1/8' rather than 10' 1 1/8". I reread it and realized it's a display format thing not a measurement thing. Man that was sneaky, my framers would miss that. I changed the settings for how the units are displayed and now it matches. 

My main question is still outstanding.

Pole.jpg

You won't be able to pick up that point unless you use the 'Delete Surface" tool to remove enough surfaces to see the top of the attic wall.

Once you've completed that operation, simply press 'F12' to rebuild.

image.thumb.png.3710b4e3425e1ee35cb59d50459f4fcd.png

I'm sure everyone has different preferences. I only show story pole dimensions on exterior elevation drawings. I'm not sure what 'extra drawings' you are referring to...you can show that story pole on the exterior elevations using the technique I described in my previous post.

1 minute ago, robdyck said:

I'm sure everyone has different preferences. I only show story pole dimensions on exterior elevation drawings. I'm not sure what 'extra drawings' you are referring to...you can show that story pole on the exterior elevations using the technique I described in my previous post.

Apologies, my brain missed the "Rebuild surfaces" part of your post. Kind of important :lol: I'm blaming the Texas heat and not my reading.