Room divider walls

winterdd

How do you guys clean up areas where "room divider" walls are used. When I vault the entry you can see how the drywall doesn't match up and a missing gable wall is needed to close off the vaulted ceiling. I circled the areas I used room divider walls below.

image.thumb.png.b9f0618ab96de085afb2d3c30f79b7be.pngimage.thumb.png.e1a1ba73c17c4104fc1ecf592e1f0df7.png 

image.png

23 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

How do you guys clean up areas where "room divider" walls are used. When I vault the entry you can see how the drywall doesn't match up and a missing gable wall is needed to close off the vaulted ceiling. I circled the areas I used room divider walls below.

image.thumb.png.b9f0618ab96de085afb2d3c30f79b7be.pngimage.thumb.png.e1a1ba73c17c4104fc1ecf592e1f0df7.png 

image.png

Use a regular interior wall and make it invisible.  This will fill the area above.

• Like 1

Room Dividers and Invisible Walls

../../Resources/img/btn/RoomDivideTool.pngThe Room Divider tool is used to define separate room areas in a plan; typically, by dividing a large room area into two or more smaller areas. See Room Definition.

Common uses for Room Dividers include dividing areas of an open floor plan into areas with different purposes.

../../Resources/img/Wall_Invisible.png

Room Dividers can also be used to define areas with different floor or ceiling materials or heights.

Room Dividers ../../Resources/img/btn/RoomDivideTool.png are drawn using the attributes specified in the Room Divider Defaults dialog; which means they are simply walls that are specified as Invisible and have a single layer of an “Air Gap” material with a thickness of 0” (mm).

If a zero-thickness Room Divider ../../Resources/img/btn/RoomDivideTool.png separates two rooms with different floor and/or ceiling heights, its wall type will be changed to the current plan’s default Interior Wall so that the platform step created by the height difference can be enclosed. See Floor and Ceiling Platforms.