Exterior wall spanning railing and "open to below"

CCarpenter

I'm not sure what is going on with this wall and how to fix it. I've tried different ways of constructing it as a pony wall and as attic wall and I can't get it to work. 1/2 is over a loft railing and the other portion is over an area that is open to below / above. I'd appreciate your help. See attached screenshot with issue and here's a link to the model.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiaeNgmzhnQU8ywAbKfztoULsZ2y?e=uO3337

I'm using CA x14 for this project.

Thanks!

20220723_CA Help.pdf

Ok, let's try this again. I added Chief Architect Premier X14 to my signatures but, in case it doesn't show up I'm mentioning here as well

Here is a zipped reduced plan file and a couple of imbedded images. Besides the window and walls that aren't presenting correctly there is also a hole in the exterior wall next to the Loft / 2nd floor platform  under the lower sloped roof and the edge of the Loft floor is open.

One last thing, on the 1st floor I have a screen wall between the kitchen and hallway. I'd like it to end at the end of each wall segment but I can't make that happen.

Thank you for your help I hope this format is better / correct.

image.thumb.png.c5337fdb556706b308dea1271b9b3009.png image.thumb.png.632ad7f19b21e748eb0a25a73c2d8a65.png

WReno.zip

Hey I'm just seeing this! I've been busy cleaning up my model :rolleyes: Thank you!

I've got a lot cleaned up but there are still a few areas that are just misbehaving.

Ok, I got this rail / partition to work but I have a few questions:

- Why a partition? What is the difference? How does it behave differently?

- When I go to change the end post sizes it only let's me change one end. I actually like no end posts just to end with a baluster except at the intersection where the 4x4 is fine.- How can I make plain rectangular balusters?

Thanks very mush again!

Ok, thanks... that's what I was afraid of. Re-reading my posts I'm sorry my typing / English has been so bad! I have a client meeting this evening and haven't gotten much sleep. :wacko: While I've gone around and cleaned up a lot and continue to advance the model - hopefully more correctly, I have a MESS in the stairwell that just somehow happened and I have been spending way too much time trying to figure it out. Anyway, thanks a bunch for your help. it's been great! I keep re-watching your videos - they're a great tool!