imported pdf not showing on print file

K-Lynn

I imported a pdf into layout in X12. It shows properly in my layout view. When I send to print it looks fine in the pre-view window but when it look at the finished pdf views only a corner of my imported drawing is showing. I've restarted my computer, deleted and imported the file again but still no luck. I also brought it to the front of the drawing group and the file next to it I brought forward. When I select the pdf view box I do not get a break tool like I will with a typical view box. The pdf view box does overlap the nearby roof plan view box. Any suggestions?

Is it the roof plan view box that corresponds to the part of the PDF that is not visible ?  Perhaps it is the roof plan view that needs to be reshaped ?

If not you may need to post the file or at least a screen shot of the issue.

6 hours ago, K-Lynn said:

I imported a pdf into layout in X12. It shows properly in my layout view. When I send to print it looks fine in the pre-view window but when it look at the finished pdf views only a corner of my imported drawing is showing. I've restarted my computer, deleted and imported the file again but still no luck. I also brought it to the front of the drawing group and the file next to it I brought forward. When I select the pdf view box I do not get a break tool like I will with a typical view box. The pdf view box does overlap the nearby roof plan view box. Any suggestions?

By chance did you try opening the pdf in a different pdf reader?  That is a common issue with certain pdf reader programs.

This sounds like a known issue in X12 on Macs with Retina displays. Using a non-Retina screen (or possibly reducing your screen resolution) may help. Another workaround is to take a screenshot of the PDF in the Preview app and import that into your plan as an image.

If what you're experiencing is in fact the issue I'm thinking of, it's also fixed in X13.

• 3 weeks later...