X7 Availability For Ssa Users

Dennis_Gavin

I have heard that the beta is SOLID.  Doesn't mean that there cannot be problems with some particular systems but

only that it was solid on the system of the person who told me.  I am also W_A_I_T_I_N_G..............Gotta go for an appointment

shortly so might as well wait until I get back.

This release should be really solid. However, there does exist the probability that in some obscure cases a problem may exist. If you don't feel comfortable you can wait. But there is no reason why you can't install it and continue to use X6 for your production work while you look over the new features of X7. At the very least you would have jump on learning the new features for when it is officially released.

Of course we want as much feedback as we can get so if you find any issues please report them. The sooner we find them the sooner they can get fixed.

As with any software of a complex nature like Chief, how an individual uses it varies. It is likely that a problem that you might encounter will not be encountered by someone else that is in a position to report it. So finding an issue now and reporting it is a good way of making the software better for you.

We like feedback. At this stage every problem that you can find is valuable and will help to make the program better.

Don't fear the Beta. X6 public beta worked great and was production ready. I am using the public beta as we speak and I am seeing no reason not to take your projects into production with it.

Have you ever wished for semi transparent solid fills on polylines or other objects? It's in there.

Have you ever wanted to click a magic button and paint line style to match that last line you created with the dashed thingies, adjusted weight and color? It's in there.

Etc.

Have you ever wished for semi transparent solid fills on polylines or other objects? It's in there.

This is now one of my favorite features. One of Chief's shortcomings has been the lack of an easy way to "gray down" distant parts of the building in an exterior elevation, or to show an addition vs. existing. Throwing on a white semi-transparent fill on a distant garage, say, really makes those elevations "pop"!

I won't ask why but seems strange to me that a software company like CA will ignore its users on their number one request on their wish list: Stairs

How much longer till stairs are revamped, fixed and updated? 1 year? 2 years? 10 years?

I would suggest that CA starts a thread (even if it is only for beta testers) to get the users' input on updating stairs - I am kinda disappointed

This is now one of my favorite features. One of Chief's shortcomings has been the lack of an easy way to "gray down" distant parts of the building in an exterior elevation, or to show an addition vs. existing. Throwing on a white semi-transparent fill on a distant garage, say, really makes those elevations "pop"!

That adds a whole new level of CAD illustration IMO. In a way 'bout time but I'll just say thanks.

X7 appeared in my digital locker last night around 11pm EST. I downloaded it and had to enter the product key 8 times before the "Activate" option would become select-able. After it finally activated the only bug I could find in the program was when I drew a square polyline and made it's fill a transparent hatch, I tried to "un-select" it but it was still grayed out. I restarted the program and everything was peachy! Loving X7 so far. although the stairs tool wasn't fixed, I'm pleased with this release. =] <----Happy Camper!