How to best build this type of roof?

PMMully

Hi All, I am trying to build a "coastal" raised center on a normal roof, I am not exactly what the technical name of this style is, but for lack of a better word, and enclosed widow peak that is open below. Looking for best way to do this... so far I have tried:

1) Second story with open below

2) Single story with a room created by room divider wall types, with a raised ceiling.

Both of these work with a flat ceiling in the main room, but if I want it to join on a vaulted ceiling in the main room, that is where I can not get it all to match up. I was under the impression that it is bad form to manually move walls in rooms as it can cause CA issues downstream. I imagine I can do custom roof planes as well. But best to ask here first for the best advice!  Thanks in advance.

TraversRoof.plan

Just an FYI. This is referred to as a clerestory.

From wiki...

"In architecture, a clerestory (/ˈklɪərstɔːri/ KLEER-stor-ee; lit.'clear storey', also clearstory, clearstorey, or overstorey) is a high section of wall that contains windows above eye level. The purpose is to admit light, fresh air, or both.

Historically, clerestory denoted an upper level of a Roman basilica or of the nave of a Romanesque or Gothic church, the walls of which rise above the rooflines of the lower aisles and are pierced with windows.

Similar structures have been used in transportation vehicles to provide additional lighting, ventilation, or headroom."

• Like 1

17 hours ago, solver said:

Wow, two things solved at once! The window and the walls, and the magic attic walls. Thank you very much for the effort Eric. I had the same results as you did following your video. The little gaps are easily concealed by a small amount of cheating and will not affect the elevations. As a side note, I centered the clerestory.  When I did that

the roof planes matched up nicely but I still had to tweak them manually as you showed. I find these in practice/observation to be centered, probably for the same reasons. I have never built one yet, should be fun.