HELP: X14 issues after recent upgrade

stevesakiwi

The recent upgrade of X14 is creating significant issues with the wrong scaling of elevations/sections when pdf's are printed out.

How many are NOT having this issue in that the layout printed pdfs are as displayed (elevations/sections)?

How many ARE having this issue?

refer this thread for further background: 

I just did a test using the out of the box CA plan & layout files - created a simple house & sent plan & elevation views to Layout.

There does not seem to be an issue as the Live View Elevations print (pdf) to scale OK..  BUT the issue of no 'update layout prompt' being provided when exiting out of a plot line elevation/section remains.

This leads to 2 conclusions:

Issue 1 - Live views sent to layout, causing corrupted pdf printout, probably indicates that the way I have my saved plan views to layout is causing this conflict......thus only affecting a few X14 users who may have a similar setup?

Issue 2 - Plot Line update layout prompt being provided when exiting out of a plot line elevation/section......this MUST be affecting all users of X14 since inception?...a global issue.

If CA can fix Issues 2, then I'm happy as I prefer to send elevations/sections to layout as Plot Lines.....I like the popup prompt.

Also.....how can I remove the latest upgrade for X14 & bring it back to the version I had beforehand?

I have just secured a new job & will be doing it in X13.

Looking forward to getting this resolved.

Steve

26 minutes ago, stevesakiwi said:

The recent upgrade of X14 is creating significant issues with the wrong scaling of elevations/sections when pdf's are printed out.

How many are NOT having this issue in that the layout printed pdfs are as displayed (elevations/sections)?

How many ARE having this issue?

refer this thread for further background: 

I just did a test using the out of the box CA plan & layout files - created a simple house & sent plan & elevation views to Layout.

There does not seem to be an issue as the Live View Elevations print (pdf) to scale OK..  BUT the issue of no 'update layout prompt' being provided when exiting out of a plot line elevation/section remains.

This leads to 2 conclusions:

Issue 1 - Live views sent to layout, causing corrupted pdf printout, probably indicates that the way I have my saved plan views to layout is causing this conflict......thus only affecting a few X14 users who may have a similar setup?

Issue 2 - Plot Line update layout prompt being provided when exiting out of a plot line elevation/section......this MUST be affecting all users of X14 since inception?...a global issue.

If CA can fix Issues 2, then I'm happy as I prefer to send elevations/sections to layout as Plot Lines.....I like the popup prompt.

Also.....how can I remove the latest upgrade for X14 & bring it back to the version I had beforehand?

I have just secured a new job & will be doing it in X13.

Looking forward to getting this resolved.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the input, I uninstalled and reinstalled X14, created a new out of the box plan, not using any of my templates, sent the camera to layouts and have the same scaling issues when I go to print.

Unfortunately I erased my old copy of X14, didn't have a restore point when I upgraded. Lessons learned! 

Solver has been very helpful and I will keep updates on the other thread as I have them!

My last work around with sending the elevation as a screen image and then scaling the image is working. At least I can able to complete my plans for submittal, much more work but at least I am able to work!!!

Good luck and thanks,

Ben

At solvers suggestion, I reinstalled the older update & the Elevations in Layout are printing out OK now.....will now stick with this.

To me, this suggests, there is some sort of conflict with how my plan files are working with Layout whilst using the latest upgrade.

BUT....issues 2 remains.

Cheers, Steve