Notes with callout line/arrow?

plannedRITE

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

I may be approaching this from the wrong angle or overthinking this. I prefer my note callouts on condoc elevations/cross sections to look like this:
image.thumb.png.988466f593e1df1fe98c639dc92f54e9.png

However to do this I've had to use callouts and manually type up a schedule. I'd obviously like to just drop them in and rename them while they fill out a schedule like the note tool allows. I like to keep the note bubbles from cluttering up the elevation views. Is there a way to do this without too much additional manual work? I really like notes->schedules and their simplicity.

Thanks

52 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

For the round circle (foundation detail & top of wall) use a "Round Arrowhead" and size it as needed.

Thanks Joe

I should have been clearer. The detail callouts in that screenshot are fine (I like your "Round Arrowhead" tip though it isn't an option straight from the callout so it would be drawing that arrow from the callout). With how my details are done it's easiest to manually type those int he callout tool.

The other notes, the bubbles around the edges with the arrows, are the ones that I'm referring to. It would be great for that symbol to be useable via the Note tool instead of Callouts so that it can report to a schedule. Hopefully that makes sense.

You are the man! I didn't know that you could pull a leader line from it, that's exactly what I was looking for. The arrow isn't entirely necessary. Did you just add the arrow and then flip the line around? Looks like Chief treats it as a separate entity from the note.

7 minutes ago, plannedRITE said:

Did you just add the arrow and then flip the line around? Looks like Chief treats it as a separate entity from the note.

Yes.

But then Chief treats the dragged out leader line as a separate entity from the note.

• Like 1