X14 LAYOUT ISSUES WHEN PRINTED TO PDF

stevesakiwi

Hi all,

I am having significant issues with X14.

Firstly, with X13 & prior , I send all Elevation views & Sections to Layout using 'Plot Lines'......when I closed out of a view, I would get the prompt to update the Layout File....this function has not existed in X14 since I first started using it.

To compensate, I have sent Elevations & Sections using 'Live View' with 'Update Always'...my preference is the 'Plot Lines' option, but obviously, if I make changes in this view, the Layout view port does not get update & the view must be replaced with an updated view....a real backward step!

NOW....yesterday, I downloaded the latest update for X14 & I am having major issues in that when the 'Live View' Elevations & Sections are printed to pdf, those 3D models get distorted & out of scale in the pdf.....yet they looked OK in layout......note the issue is also if I send Live Views as 'Update on demand'

The 'Plot Line' views remain unaltered, & are as they should be.

Please refer attached pdf that demonstrates this issue.

In the interim, & to ensure clients get correct pdf plans for review, I am having to change from 'Live View' to 'Plot Lines'....BUT I have to send each of the changed Elevation/Section views to Layout & delete the view that didn't change as the prompt box does not work.

This is a significant issue....trouble is, of course I can't get the X14 plans/layout to work in X13

Help please......Steve

CA issue rescaling Elevations & Cross Sections.pdf

14 hours ago, stevesakiwi said:

my preference is the 'Plot Lines' option, but obviously, if I make changes in this view, the Layout view port does not get update & the view must be replaced with an updated view....a real backward step!

Some stuff does not dynamically update to the Layout using Plot Lines ( also my preferred method ) but normally text and CAD does , but I have gotten used to using the Update Plot lines or Update All button, and highlighting a Layout Box should also show an Arrowed Ring on the Edit Toolbar as well if CA thinks something needs an update.

At 1st I had thought CA auto updated the Layout when closing an Elevation now, so the message was not needed, but this does not seem to be the case but should be IMHO.

The Other issue seems new with this update , there are several other posts about it as well.

Mick

The OP is correct, in X14 the warning to update a layout box (using plot lines) has been removed. You need to remember to update each layout or all layout boxes before printing.

I don't know if this change was intentional or not.

The OP is correct, in X14 the warning to update a layout box (using plot lines) has been removed.

Agreed w/ the OP about this being irksome. Usually the vector view would run through the option asking you to update it before closing. 

Now it does nothing. Close the camera view and Shazam... you're back to layout. 

The update all view option has been great from day one (many versions ago), but why they took the other feature out of the program is curious. 

15 hours ago, PlanX_Designs said:

YES, Live View.  Plot Lines, is ok.

this is a bug in V. 24.2.0.51.....

i had to revert back to 24.1,0

In my experience, Live Views have never been stable or trustworthy. I would never use them. If you set that view to Plot Lines, that should take care of your printing problem, right? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is a known bug in X14 24.2.0.51

I was having similar problems and finally contacted support yesterday. The quick work around was to select the problem elevation in Layout and Open Object then select Plot Lines under Linked View and then select Color Fill. Support has had numerous complaints on this and promises an update to resolve the issue soon.

Hope this helps...

1 hour ago, dj3862 said:

This is a known bug in X14 24.2.0.51

I was having similar problems and finally contacted support yesterday. The quick work around was to select the problem elevation in Layout and Open Object then select Plot Lines under Linked View and then select Color Fill. Support has had numerous complaints on this and promises an update to resolve the issue soon.

Hope this helps...

Here's a quote from a related post on this issue we are working on to resolve:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

You need the very latest update you can get from tech support; it just came out Wednesday.  24.2.1.2    it fixed the printing problem for me.

It should be in everybody's Digital Locker, it just isn't activating the normal Update notice we normally get, I assume because it is an emergency fix for a single issue only...this one.

...it just isn't activating the normal Update notice we normally get, I assume because it is an emergency fix for a single issue only...

As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with the update notifications.  You should not assume that the notifications are not working just because you did not get a message less than 24 hours after we posted the update.

• Downvote 1