Is it possible to add water line and drains to plumbing fixtures?

OkcDesigner

I am wanting to do under slab MEP plans. IE show the plumbing and drains at location on stripped down foundation plan.

I would like to add them to the fixtures so when I place a fixture it automatically places them on their own layer.

I have seen it done in another program and would like to do it in chief.

MEP question.PNG

Hey Marc,

I don't know what others do, but I figured the expert plumbers will know how to pipe pre-slab pour.  However, on my foundation plan I turn the reference display on to locate all the fixtures, then put a little symbol (solid circle) at each location (not dimensioned) with a note to see the plan.  When all fixtures are "located" I turn the reference display off.  Nothing fancy, but gives the contractor a heads up to look at the plan...  

Screenshot 2022-07-14 231935.png

Few different ways to do it , Filled CAD Circles, Markers etc but you could easily make some 3D Solids ( cylinders ) and add them to your library

and have them on a new Layer Eg Plumbing,Slabs , you could even add the Cylinders to the Toilet Symbol if you wanted to show both on the Plumbing,Slabs layer.  (keep separate to display separate )

I normally place them on level 1 and then copy+paste+hold them to the foundation level , so they show on the FDN Plan and can be dimensioned.

M.