Export House Plan to Other Rendering Software Apps?

ChiefBobby3D

Go to solution Solved by Michael_Gia,

Hi Fellow Chiefs,

We've been using Chief Architect for just 11 days now, and we're totally impressed!   (ver x14)

The rendering tools for a Walk-through video are GREAT for our present clients' residential designs we're working on.  But looking to future projects, we're wondering if anyone has successfully EXPORTED a house design from CA to any other platform for RENDERING.  There are some high-end apps such as Lumion (with animated environments, blowing trees and grass, etc.) and a potentially ideal marriage could be interfacing CA's fabulous design tools with extra-mile rendering apps.

Has anyone done this?  

Just to clarify, I'm asking for two reasons: (1) In regards to my upcoming animated film projects, and (2) My wife is the one working as an architect while I help her with CA and video walk-throughs.

Thanks for any thoughts, experiences, or recommendations,

-- Bob Anderson 

www.bobanderson.org  

www.homedesigncoach.net

• Upvote 1

• Solution
1 hour ago, ChiefBobby3D said:

Has anyone done this

Yes, export Chief 3D model as 3DS or Collada from the file menu and import into Lumion or Twinmotion, enjoy. 

A lot of us do this here. Search the forum or YouTube for, Export Chief Architect to Lumion or Twinmotion. 

example…

(Keep in mind René did not use Twinmotion’s pathtracer on this video so the rendering quality could’ve been improved immensely with the flick of a switch, but I believe he said that his client wasn’t willing to pay for that)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Bob,

I recently just purchased Maxwell for sketchup version 5.2.2. While not ment for animations it renders pretty nicely. Export to sketchup (2017 to 2022) and then using maxwell settings window in sketchup you create a rendering after applying material settings then render. Example shown below at sample level 15.00. About 20 minutes on my computer. price is about $595.00. To buy go to novedge.com and call Calvin Lok to get a quote. They are in CA. USA. Novedge is where I purchased maxwell render and had a great experience. Maxwell render has a 30 day trial to test features before you purchase.

I hope this helps you. And this is not an ad, but novedge had the best deal and treated me very well.

Dominic

livingroommaxwell3d.bmp

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

(Keep in mind René did not use Twinmotion’s pathtracer on this video so the rendering quality could’ve been improved immensely with the flick of a switch, but I believe he said that his client wasn’t willing to pay for that)

Flick of a switch and 14 hours per every 15 seconds of video, haha...dang 4090 needs to get released soon!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Dominic900 said:

Hello Bob,

I recently just purchased Maxwell for sketchup version 5.2.2. While not ment for animations it renders pretty nicely. Export to sketchup (2017 to 2022) and then using maxwell settings window in sketchup you create a rendering after applying material settings then render. Example shown below at sample level 15.00. About 20 minutes on my computer. price is about $595.00. To buy go to novedge.com and call Calvin Lok to get a quote. They are in CA. USA. Novedge is where I purchased maxwell render and had a great experience. Maxwell render has a 30 day trial to test features before you purchase.

I hope this helps you. And this is not an ad, but novedge had the best deal and treated me very well.

Dominic

livingroommaxwell3d.bmp 1.65 MB · 2 downloads

THANKS, Dominic900 !

I appreciate that info.  I've done film animation, but now that I'm helping my wife with architectural stuff, I'm quickly looking for tips and sources.  There's a lot to learn and there are so many resources out there.  I value your input!

Bob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2022 at 10:45 AM, ChiefBobby3D said:

But looking to future projects, we're wondering if anyone has successfully EXPORTED a house design from CA to any other platform for RENDERING.  There are some high-end apps such as Lumion (with animated environments, blowing trees and grass, etc.) and a potentially ideal marriage could be interfacing CA's fabulous design tools with extra-mile rendering apps.

Has anyone done this?  

Hi Bob!  I do most of my high end Chief Architect renderings using D5 Render https://www.d5render.com/.  Once you have your 3D plans in D5 Render, you can do some fun animations.  Check this one out below.  D5 Render is fast, easy to work with, and cheaper than Lumion and Twinmotion.

386601893_Sadring-FamilyRoomKitchen-BlackWalls-BlackIron-Perspective3282x2160.thumb.jpg.3a7288a0b2c6d5f09f7aaca5c5b50147.jpg102094675_Sadring-KitchenFamilyRoom-BlackWalls-BlackIron-Perspective3282x2160.thumb.jpg.0346e803392db766cd7195ec3826f373.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...