Elevations printing (pdf) incorrectly

Small_Fish

Go to solution Solved by Dermot,

12 hours ago, elfraN said:

Ps To every one that is going the route to uninstall and install the previous x14. When you open your layout save it first. Close it - reopen and then print, els it still have the problem :)

Hi Elfra, Tech support sent me version Chief_Architect_Premier-24.1.0.46-Win64. I uninstalled the current version and reinstalled and that fixed the error! For everyone follwoing, you will need to asked tech support for this version to solve the problem.

Good luck!

Ben

• Upvote 1

Hi Selaro,

Just talked to Tech Support.....the version you were given is the update version prior to the latest (corrupt) update.

Tech Support are aware of the issue & working on a fix...I'm not sure how we are to be informed when the revised update is available

Cheers, Steve

1 hour ago, stevesakiwi said:

Hi Selaro,

Just talked to Tech Support.....the version you were given is the update version prior to the latest (corrupt) update.

Tech Support are aware of the issue & working on a fix...I'm not sure how we are to be informed when the revised update is available

Cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve, my ticket is still open on this. I have sent my specs to Chief and once they get back to me with an update I will make sure to post it here! I'm just glad to be able to get projct going again.

Cheers,

Ben

2 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I am certainly not doing the download of that update until this is fixed. 

Doesn't seem to affect most.  It is apparently a small amount of users being affected.  So obviously it is a configuration that is causing an issue with this.  Chief is just trying to figure out what it is.  I haven't seen any of these issues personally on my setup.

Like others have written, it has to-do with the display scale settings for the monitors being used on the individual's computer.  Tech Support guided me through the solution and, while it's not elegant, it does allow me to produce PDF's which are accurate representations of the model.

I changed all my monitors to 100% scaling, closed X14 and re-opened the software.  Printing to PDF now works (although, the buttons etc are very hard to see...  definitely nothing to do with my aging eyesight!).

On 7/14/2022 at 8:19 PM, Small_Fish said:

Got it figured out.

In playing around with different configurations, the issue only occurs when i send the elevation to the layout page and select "live view". When I send it as plot lines, it prints correctly. 

Hey!

Was about to create my own post about the same problem and then saw this thread.

Having exact same problem and selecting plot lines helped. And this came after this last update. It was not there in initial x14 release.

After initial x14 update I am having all sorts of weirdness with elevations. Like most annoying is that every move with details seen in elevation is very slow. Changing between elevation views is sometimes 5 seconds. Even in a plan with a very tiny building. Was much faster in x13.

And now new update to "fix" x14 bugs gave this rescaling issue.

At least I can print my drawings now.

Thank you!

• Solution

We have just posted an update for X14 (24.2.1) that should correct this problem.  You can find the update here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/updates.html

You can find the update notes here:

Chief Architect X14 Update Notes - 7/20/2022

If you continue to see any problems after downloading and installing this update, please contact our technical support team:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dermot said:

We have just posted an update for X14 (24.2.1) that should correct this problem.  You can find the update here:

If you continue to see any problems after downloading and installing this update, please contact our technical support team:

Downloaded and installed this morning.  Happy to report that the update appears to have resolved the issue for me.  

Thank you to the tech support team for their efforts in creating an efficient and timely resolution!

22 hours ago, solver said:

@Wallace_Brown

Toolbar buttons can be enlarged -- see Preferences.

And please check your messages -- envelope icon top of page.

I have checked my messages, thank you.  Is there something in particular which you are wishing to emphasize or, are the messages an automatically generated response to new members?

If so, please let me know.

Thanks,
Wallace

17 hours ago, Dermot said:

Strangely X14 is not finding this Update automatically for me even with the Check enabled, just luck I read this thread......

image.thumb.png.4ac8f8464e26bb4be2e10602a030ab7c.png

50 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Strangely X14 is not finding this Update automatically for me even with the Check enabled, just luck I read this thread......

image.thumb.png.4ac8f8464e26bb4be2e10602a030ab7c.png

Yeah I did not get an update notice either and used the help check for updates which just takes you to the download page.  @SNestor Posted about it on facebook which is the only way I knew it was there.  @DermotJust FYI.

On 7/21/2022 at 8:49 AM, rgardner said:

Yeah I did not get an update notice either and used the help check for updates which just takes you to the download page.  @SNestor Posted about it on facebook which is the only way I knew it was there.  @DermotJust FYI.

Perhaps Rolling out the Fix slowly for "Testing" since it is a single (Hot) fix Update for this specific issue....

Mick.

As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with the update notifications.  You should not assume that the notifications are not working just because you did not get a message less than 24 hours after we posted the update.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm having an issue with elevations not updating but the scale isn't the problem. When I have a layout open and revise an elevation, even though I'm clicking yes to update after I close it, it's not updating on my layouts. I have to go in and physically hit the button to "Update all views" to have anything actually update. Extremely frustrating. Is anyone else having this issue? 

I downloaded the update above and it's still not working. 

50 minutes ago, andymcg said:

When I have a layout open and revise an elevation, even though I'm clicking yes to update after I close it, it's not updating on my layouts

This no longer happens in X14 AFAIK  ...are you still in X13 per your Forum Signature ? ( or time to update it perhaps? )

Use of the Update All or Update Plot Line Views Buttons manually is common Practice now unfortunately ......

M.

7 minutes ago, andymcg said:

This problem only started when we upgraded to X14. Never had this issue with any previous versions. 

Quite true , but that is the way it is now........ I suspect it was done or seen as a way to increase performance issues in Chief.

M. 

I sure hope this isn't the final answer. It's actively asking me if I want to update these views and even though I'm clicking "yes" it's not happening. That doesn't seem like a feature that's working as it should. 

1 minute ago, andymcg said:

I sure hope this isn't the final answer. It's actively asking me if I want to update these views and even though I'm clicking "yes" it's not happening. That doesn't seem like a feature that's working as it should. 

Only answer from me sorry, you will need to contact Tech Support for a better answer,  as most people aren't even being asked to update the view to Layout now like in earlier Versions - most believe it is the way it is implemented now in X14 and not so much as "Bug".

M.