Elevations printing (pdf) incorrectly

Small_Fish

Go to solution Solved by Dermot,

This issue started today (7/13/22) after I installed the x14 update. In my layout view, everything looks correct. The elevation layout boxes are scaled at 1/4" per foot, same as it's been for years. However, when I print a PDF using Chief Architect Save as PDF or Adobe PDF drivers, the elevation scale appears to change within the layout box defined area and is cut off. I have tried everything I know; deleting and recreating the page, deleting the camera and creating new elevations, checked print settings, layout set up, tried on 2 different computers and several other things. This issue is only occurring to the elevations. The site plan and floor plan layout boxes print correctly and to scale. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any ideas??

Chief View.png

PDF Output_Page_2.jpg

PDF Output_Page_5.jpg

18 minutes ago, solver said:

You can add that info, Windows or Mac computer etc to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left

Got it figured out.

In playing around with different configurations, the issue only occurs when i send the elevation to the layout page and select "live view". When I send it as plot lines, it prints correctly. 

Thanks for posting this.  I also started having issues with wonky elevations on the pdf after downloading the X14 update this morning.  Re-sending the elevations to layout using Plot Lines instead of Live View fixed the problem.  I had a similar issue with X13 and this same fix of using Plot Lines was the solution.  

9 minutes ago, SusanC said:

Thanks for posting this.  I also started having issues with wonky elevations on the pdf after downloading the X14 update this morning.  Re-sending the elevations to layout using Plot Lines instead of Live View fixed the problem.  I had a similar issue with X13 and this same fix of using Plot Lines was the solution.  

I'm just glad I found out how to keep working! 

I've been messaging tech support all day about this issue and they are trying to figure it out. 

Hi all - having the same issue.  I was using X 12 and downloaded x 14 yesterday.  I'm unable to print the elevations as they are cut off.  They are showing accurely on screen, just not when I print to pdf.  I'm also unable to select "the plot line" as an alternative.  The toggle is disabled.  I had a co-worker print off the layout with her computer and it works fine.  She downloaded x14 - two weeks ago. 

noplotline.PNG

I see some have resorted to sending elevations/section as plot lines to Layout....trouble is if you make changes to the model, these do not automatically update in Layout & thus allowing opportunity to send incorrect pdf's to your clients....happened to me.

With X13, when you closed out of a plot line view (elevation or section), you got a pop up asking if this is to be updated in Layout....worked fine....BUT this function has been disabled since X14 came out.

Let's hope there's an urgent update to both issues.

Steve

I found another work around, not perfect but at least its a bandage and I will be able to send my clients plans for approval.

I have also started a ticket for this and thank you Solver for your quick reply! I am new to the forums and will check my messages.

Here is my fix: 

1. I sent my elevation to the layout at 3/32 scale, when I print it comes close to 1/4 scale. I had to reset my bounding boxes to 13" wide by 6" tall, that worked for the size of this project.

2. I can then center the bounding box to the page and it will print normally.

The image with the small pics is as it looks in the program

552467421_Intheprogram.thumb.png.029d65e4e9dbd2ab6e6085f5db40509e.png

And here is how it looks in print mode

1537160399_Asitprints.thumb.png.b5678b70872f635b2c60d9f427281ce6.png

15 hours ago, Selaro said:

I found another work around, not perfect but at least its a bandage and I will be able to send my clients plans for approval.

I have also started a ticket for this and thank you Solver for your quick reply! I am new to the forums and will check my messages.

Here is my fix: 

1. I sent my elevation to the layout at 3/32 scale, when I print it comes close to 1/4 scale. I had to reset my bounding boxes to 13" wide by 6" tall, that worked for the size of this project.

2. I can then center the bounding box to the page and it will print normally.

The image with the small pics is as it looks in the program

552467421_Intheprogram.thumb.png.029d65e4e9dbd2ab6e6085f5db40509e.png

And here is how it looks in print mode

1537160399_Asitprints.thumb.png.b5678b70872f635b2c60d9f427281ce6.png

My first solution works as long as you don't add any text or other details.

I have found another bandage solution as well. Below are the steps I took to send elevations to the layout page that print correctly.

1. Open the layout page and click the fill window page (F6)

2. open your cross section camera and click the fill window page (F6)

3. Click send to layout, under send options choose "CURRENT SCREEN" and click ok (you will delete this image later)

5. go back to your camera and click send to layout, under send options choose "CURRENT SCREEN AS IMAGE" and click ok

6. Select the image on the layout page and resize it to .5 (you can overlay the two images and adjust if necessary.)

7. Delete the first original layout image with the scaled image. (this is the image that prints incorrectly)

Not perfect, you may need to tweak the image size a little, but at least you have something that can be printed until CA fixes the issue!

Good Luck....

Hi Selaro,

I have just put up the following post: 

After doing a quick test using out of the box CA layout & Plan files, the elevations print out OK in pdfs.

This probably means that the way we have our plan views set out in X14 layout is causing the issues.....CA  did some major revamping of saved plans views with X14.

I suspect most users wont' have this issue....but lets see.

All the best.....Steve

24 minutes ago, stevesakiwi said:

CA  did some major revamping of saved plans views with X14.

I don’t believe they made any changes at all to the saved plan views themselves.  Or at least none I can think of off hand.  They made more available to layout boxes for sure.

Hi Elfra N

I know, it is frustrating. But in a pinch you can use my last solution. I had to submit plans this weekend and have about 13 jobs on hold because of this issue. tomorrow is going to be ugly. On another thread a person with the same issue was able to reinstall the last version of X14 and fixed the issue. Unfortunately I erase the old programs, lesson learned! I have requested a copy of the last version, if that works I will let you know!!!!

Thanks,

Ben

1 minute ago, Selaro said:

Hi Elfra N

I know, it is frustrating. But in a pinch you can use my last solution. I had to submit plans this weekend and have about 13 jobs on hold because of this issue. tomorrow is going to be ugly. On another thread a person with the same issue was able to reinstall the last version of X14 and fixed the issue. Unfortunately I erase the old programs, lesson learned! I have requested a copy of the last version, if that works I will let you know!!!!

Thanks,

Ben

Yes Please let me know I also deleted mine. Because I migrated my stuff to a new computer over the last 2 days. So wanted less data:) Bid lesson.

Hi Elfra N,

Solver suggested uninstalling the upgraded X14....but first, find the previous update version in your Download folder & install that after the corrupt X14 is removed.

At least this gets you running again....bur beware of the prompt to upgrade when you open X14 from now on!!!

I really hope CA get on top of this promptly.

Good luck.....Steve

1 hour ago, stevesakiwi said:

Hi Elfra N,

Solver suggested uninstalling the upgraded X14....but first, find the previous update version in your Download folder & install that after the corrupt X14 is removed.

At least this gets you running again....bur beware of the prompt to upgrade when you open X14 from now on!!!

Good luck.....Steve

Thanks Steve I found the old x14 and that is now helping me. Wow what a lot of time we are all going to lose due to this. Hope the resolve it pronto.

Elfra

1 minute ago, elfraN said:

Thanks Steve I found the old x14 and that is now helping me. Wow what a lot of time we are all going to lose due to this. Hope the resolve it pronto.

Elfra

Yep....new jobs in X13 for a while.

1 hour ago, stevesakiwi said:

Hi Elfra N,

Good luck.....Steve

Ps To every one that is going the route to uninstall and install the previous x14. When you open your layout save it first. Close it - reopen and then print, els it still have the problem :)

We have received a number of reports about this problem and are currently looking into it. When we have a fix for this problem we will try to get an update out as soon as possible.

As far as I can tell, it is only a problem when your monitor scaling is set to something other than 100%.  You may be able to temporarily work around this problem by resetting your monitor to 100%.  Please note that if you have multiple monitors, you may need to reset all of your monitors.  If this does not solve your problem, then please contact our technical support team for further assistance.

The other solution would be to uninstall the 14.2 update and install the prior 14.1 update instead.  If you need help doing this, then please contact our tech support team.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this is causing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1