Site Plan Angle vs Plan

johnny

I'm curious what people are doing for site plans that are incorporated into the model plan files - in which the property lines are square to N.  I typically do my site plans in a separate file, but i'm dealing with an HOA that wants all sorts of modeled diagrams to show compliance with their CC&Rs.

However, as most know, its far better to model in Chief keeping right angles.  Are you guys just rotating the site plan to keep the house file square to X/Y? ...then rotate back in Layout to actual N orientation?

12 minutes ago, johnny said:

I'm curious what people are doing for site plans that are incorporated into the model plan files - in which the property lines are square to N.  I typically do my site plans in a separate file, but i'm dealing with an HOA that wants all sorts of modeled diagrams to show compliance with their CC&Rs.

However, as most know, its far better to model in Chief keeping right angles.  Are you guys just rotating the site plan to keep the house file square to X/Y? ...then rotate back in Layout to actual N orientation?

Draw the property line to actual north angle and add north angle in conjunction.  Then rotate both north arrow and property to be at 90 to x/y and place over house.  Site plan does not have to have the North arrow pointing up on layout.  It just needs to show north in relation to the house plan.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, johnny said:

Thank you Michael - I'm trying to follow this but when I right click on plan view in the project browser I see nothing about rotating the plan.  Has this changed in X14?

No.  Inside that dialog, you need to check Remember Zoom/Rotation and then you need to rotate the Plan View using Tools>Rotate Plan View.  Make sure to read my notes in the other post though with regard to how this setting comes into play with your other Plan Views. 

25 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

No.  Inside that dialog, you need to check Remember Zoom/Rotation and then you need to rotate the Plan View using Tools>Rotate Plan View.  Make sure to read my notes in the other post though with regard to how this setting comes into play with your other Plan Views. 

OK, I think I got it...close anyways. 

To clarify, do I need to draw the site plan PL so they are fixed to the X/Y space and THEN rotate to how its suppose to be on the site plan related to N?  So I'm not rotating the plan to match the site plan but the site plan to match the true N orientation?  

18 minutes ago, johnny said:

OK, I think I got it...close anyways. 

To clarify, do I need to draw the site plan PL so they are fixed to the X/Y space and THEN rotate to how its suppose to be on the site plan related to N?  So I'm not rotating the plan to match the site plan but the site plan to match the true N orientation?  

I just emailed you an example project Johnny.  Let me know if that clarifies things.