interior grade beams

winterdd

So, I am trying to finally figure out how to get chief to build interior grade beams (detail shown below) for stem wall foundations with backfill. Chief defaults to either concrete or block stem walls for any interior wall we check to build a footer below. How can I get it to build it like I am describing. I have gotten used to just doing the auto detail command on my cross sections and then manipulating the "fill" of the footer to the shape and size I want but I know there has to be a correct way to do this. See shots below. I am not sure if this is common nationwide but here in Alabama it's the way builders do it. Thanks!

image.thumb.png.aa101bb3f50aa92b71b3d4e716623347.pngimage.thumb.png.c51744e9e187359f4ef6ee8cb288e1d9.pngimage.thumb.png.09263184fc64cd0a622d17512d2bb358.png

13 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Have you turned those circled walls into foundation walls with a footing?

image.thumb.png.f35b29d1de64e4af9c20a3f8c5a3c6fc.pngimage.thumb.png.877fafd38d74e45be94b6a6b723e5435.png

yes, I have and when I rebuild the fdn it will default to my exterior wall type which is block with brick veneer.

Rob,

I attached a plan where I use a thickened slab beam wall on the foundation layer and trace the wall above.

I then make it a foundation wall and move it to a "walls, foundation 2" The graphics work for foundation plan, however in section will it show a rectangle footing and stem.

Saved plan views to look at are

Working plan view

Foundation plan view

Chief tech is who suggested moving wall to different layer and turning it off.

Hope this helps...

I hope they will get on board with fixing thickened slab beams to work with footing and stem walls. (I gave them all my foundation details to help explain!)

Sample thickedned slab beam.plan

3 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

So, I am trying to finally figure out how to get chief to build interior grade beams (detail shown below) for stem wall foundations with backfill. Chief defaults to either concrete or block stem walls for any interior wall we check to build a footer below. How can I get it to build it like I am describing. I have gotten used to just doing the auto detail command on my cross sections and then manipulating the "fill" of the footer to the shape and size I want but I know there has to be a correct way to do this. See shots below. I am not sure if this is common nationwide but here in Alabama it's the way builders do it. Thanks!

image.thumb.png.aa101bb3f50aa92b71b3d4e716623347.pngimage.thumb.png.c51744e9e187359f4ef6ee8cb288e1d9.pngimage.thumb.png.09263184fc64cd0a622d17512d2bb358.png

image.thumb.png.3f9bd4e2c8b280a462ddc8802f043557.png

Something like this?  Harder to get the chamfer you want to see but typically just detailed in cad in a section.  

Here I added a manual footing and then manually adjusted the height to the thickness you want. It can be done with some workarounds for room heights but it generally causes more issues than a quick grab of the bottom drag up, shift and type the amount you want to change the wall height.

1 minute ago, rgardner said:

Something like this?  Harder to get the chamfer you want to see but typically just detailed in cad in a section.  

Here I added a manual footing and then manually adjusted the height to the thickness you want. It can be done with some workarounds for room heights but it generally causes more issues than a quick grab of the bottom drag up, shift and type the amount you want to change the wall height.

That all being said when I do them I use the slab tool and then set my heights as needed and put it on the footings layer to emulate the same line type...  

26 minutes ago, rgardner said:

that looks pretty cool, I can do the 3d shape but thought for sure there would be a setting to get this footer auto built.