blank error when printing

SHCanada2

End Task if it takes more than half and hour I suppose.  A little sooner if you remembered to save before printing which is a great habit to have.

There are a lot of error codes that are not documented but have never seen a blank one before.  Then again even if you do have a number and call tech support results can vary. ;)

A common lockup is when you enter the scale incorrectly and the software thinks you are printing a 60m wide page and tries it's best to do so. :(

As a brief observation... Are you printing straight to a printer? It appears that the source is blank. So it's kind of hard to say what's going on there.  

By way of example, printer memory can be iffy at times, and starting off with a pdf will usually avoid a memory overload. 

Saving as a PDF w/ the built-in Chief printer @300dpi-600dpi is usually step one.  Then...  off to the ink jet printer. 

Hope this helps. Chopsaw is on the right path though... end the printer task, and try purging the printer of all previous jobs. 

i'm Saving as a PDF w/ the built-in Chief printer @144dpi.

I killed CA and restarted after about half an hour.

What is unusual compared to normal ( for me) is I have multiple PBR on my layout, and not the "send as image".

It's taking a loooong time to print to pdf, > 45min

1 hour ago, jasonn1234 said:

i'm Saving as a PDF w/ the built-in Chief printer @144dpi.

I killed CA and restarted after about half an hour.

What is unusual compared to normal ( for me) is I have multiple PBR on my layout, and not the "send as image".

It's taking a loooong time to print to pdf, > 45min

Export the pbr as a png or jpg and import into your layout.

• Upvote 1

Yes - saved cameras in layout will make a pdf size huge - which is an understatement.

A full size rendered view can increase the file size exponentially. 

An image file in layout is best practice, unless the PDF print can be reduced.

Custom pdf formats can be made with 4" x 6" as the output for example.