How the heck do you get a sink to cut counter

Renerabbitt

This is a sink built into chief and it cuts a perfect hole. No matter what I try, I can NOT put together a sink combo faucet that will properly cut the countertop. What is the trick? How must the sink be prepared in a way that the counter doesnt cut away for the faucet as well. 
Symbol offsetting doesn't help
There is no cut hole in counter edit on a symbol level.
Whats the trick?

16 minutes ago, JoeOster said:

Within the symbols cad block you convert polylines to hole/s in countertop whereever you want the countertop cut

Can you explain how you would achieve that?

• There is no Convert polyline Tool in the Edit Toolbar
  • I can't paste a Custom Countertop into the CAD block
  • All of the Polylines in the CAD block are just polylines

I do see that modifying this can change the size but I cant get a custom cut to work with fileted edges
Thank you for your help

14 minutes ago, solver said:

Does no one search ;) Took about 30 seconds to find this from Dermot.

Some of the information above is incorrect.  You don't need to change your symbol placement to "None".  You don't need to create any magic surfaces as part of your symbol.  You don't need any magic materials.  All you need is to add a custom hole to the symbol's cad block.

By default, a tub or sink symbol will make a rectangular hole.  The program is just not smart enough to figure out that you want a shaped hole and generate this for you automatically.

If you want a shaped hole, then you need to create your own custom hole and make it part of the cad block used for the tub or sink.  The process for doing this is actually pretty simple:

- Use the Cad Block Management dialog to insert your symbol's cad block into a plan and then explode it.

- Draw your custom hole as a polyline.  You can use an ellipse and then use the Convert Curve to Polyline tool to make it a polyline.

- Use the Convert Polyline tool to change the polyline into a custom counter top.

- Open the custom counter top and make it a hole.

- Block your custom counter top hole with the other cad that was in your original cad block.

- Name your cad block something that will make sense.

- Use the Open Symbol dialog to assign your new cad block containing your custom counter top hole to your tub symbol.

You are correct, only thing that is difficult to understand from a new user perspective is that you cannot add a countertop by using the Edit CAD Block Tool