Apple M-chips and Chief Architect

johnny

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Does anyone with experience mind if I ask how Chief is running on the Apple M-chips?  Can you do physically based views yet?  Rendering?  Overall speed?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Johnny good to hear you are still with Chief.  

I have a new Studio with the Ultra chip.  It runs extremely well and fast.  No RTRT yet (although a certain competitor whose name starts with V and ends with works does offer a RTRT feature so the ability is there), but you can still do PBR and CPU RT.

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2022 at 12:12 PM, rgardner said:

Hey Johnny good to hear you are still with Chief.  

I have a new Studio with the Ultra chip.  It runs extremely well and fast.  No RTRT yet (although a certain competitor whose name starts with V and ends with works does offer a RTRT feature so the ability is there), but you can still do PBR and CPU RT.

Hey Ryan - nice to hear from you too.  That is very good to know.  I really don't use RayTrace so its not a huge deal.  I am more glad to know PBR works.

7 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

PBR with Realtime raytrace, which is kind've the new standard, does NOT work FYI

PBR as it worked in x13 and now x14 works the same.  The additional RTRT does not currently work on Mac arm chips but is in development.

I have the M1 Pro on my new macbook and it's blazin' fast I'm so glad I upgraded. Also the fact that X14 has a native mac version didn't hurt either - but so far I have been feeling like the program operates smoothly and with far less lag than before. Hope that helps. I bought a refurbished 'new' Macbook pro and it's been more than enough to handle big models and construction drawings.

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 12.45.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 5.41.00 PM.png

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Has anyone had trouble with pixilated camera views in PDF layouts on the M1?  I just moved to an M1 from an intel based MacBook and am having trouble with layout clarity in the photos after the layout is sent to PDF.  I have not had trouble yet in the layout BEFORE I try to export to PDF and things are working okay in the camera views of the plan.  See below.  Thanks for the help in advance!

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 1.02.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 1.03.16 PM.png

52 minutes ago, justinorwig said:

Has anyone had trouble with pixilated camera views in PDF layouts on the M1?  I just moved to an M1 from an intel based MacBook and am having trouble with layout clarity in the photos after the layout is sent to PDF.  I have not had trouble yet in the layout BEFORE I try to export to PDF and things are working okay in the camera views of the plan.  See below.  Thanks for the help in advance!

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 1.02.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 1.03.16 PM.png

Probably a difference in your gpu.  That being said, PC, Mac, or anything I don't reccommend sending live camera views to layout...  Export them as a png and import them into layout.  much cleaner and smaller template file size.