CAD Block instances!

Gawdzira

It took me by surprise. I had placed a bunch of cad blocked plant images (Bonus library of Image Cad Blocks). These were plant images in plan view. Too dark and bold so I went to edit one by exploding. In X14 it jumped to the CAD Block as a separate file. I edited, reblocked and copied it into the plan. Then when I closed the CAD Block file, it prompted me to update all instances. Like Xmas in July.

1 hour ago, Gawdzira said:

... Then when I closed the CAD Block file, it prompted me to update all instances. Like Xmas in July.

CAD Blocks have actually always had these exact same instancing capabilities--as least as far back as I remember.  You just had to give the new CAD Block the same name as the old CAD Block if you wanted to update all instances. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but what would be awesome if this same edit function of instances worked with Architectural Blocks.  Then, what would REALLY excite me is if Chief allowed walls, doors, windows, stairs, and roof planes to be added to an Architectural Block (basically any 3d item).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, johnny said:

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but what would be awesome if this same edit function of instances worked with Architectural Blocks.  Then, what would REALLY excite me is if Chief allowed walls, doors, windows, stairs, and roof planes to be added to an Architectural Block (basically any 3d item).

So you can have saved options for stock plan changes?  Good thought… hmm