Can't select layout box

tds_cc

Hey folks. We just started using v14 and I sent my first floor plan to layout. However, once it is in layout, I can't select the layout box to resize it or manipulate it in anyway. See file attached.

Update: I just restarted chief and I can now select it. What's up with that?!

Orland Plan.layout

X-14 misbehaves on occasion. It's got bugs for sure, as is common with many new releases. In the past, everyone ran Windows only though, so in recent years it could be a Mac related thing. Where on the other hand, sometimes the quirks are PC related only. It can be hard to tell. 

Your select issue has happened to me with shift selecting. Functionality comes and goes, but thankfully it's rare. A quick close and a restart often fixes... but per my observations... please be sure to report whatever weirdness arises.  The folks at CA would sure appreciate, and in the long run, everything gets smoothed out with the latest patches. 

Cheers. 

Christi, can you post the backup zip of the layout/plan.  The layout has a reference to the plan that is not accessible.  The issue you mention is not known and I was curious.  You can also reach out to our tech group for add’l help.