layout files to dwg?

BruceKC

I've looked everywhere and don't see a reliable way to export my layout files to a dwg format.  Exporting plan files is not too difficult, but if we're sending these to an engineer, much of the information is on the layout sets and would be lost.  Is there a way to do this that I can't find?

44 minutes ago, BruceKC said:

Actually yes.  When I export the layout file to dwg, not all of the information is exported. 

I think you're going to need to be more specific.  Are you saying that not all information from the current page is being exported?  Or are you expecting all pages to be exported and all you're getting is the current page?  Maybe something else even?

Michael,  I realize that I can only do one page at a time, and I'm ok with that.  On my layout sheets, I have my company logo, and on the first page I have the 3D view of the front of the house (currently in .png format).  The company logo is also a .png file and the other "picture" is a pdf.  None of those are being exported.  Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, thanks for you help.  One of my clients insists on using a specific engineer and they only accept dwg files.  Much of my information is on the layout sheets and not on the actual plans themselves, hence I need to export the layout sheet into a dwg.  However, when I'm doing that, when I open the dwg file in autocad, the original layout sheet which is 24"x24", the dwg file is about the size of a postage stamp.  I talked to support and they didn't know why that would happen, so here I am again, sorry.  I've looked at youtube, training videos etc., and I can't find an answer.

Exporting a layout sheet is going to skew the scale. You will also lose every single jpeg. Unfortunately, they don't convert to CAD format. 

Regarding the most important thing (exporting your information) there is a solution - irrespective of whatever version. 

What could (should) work is to make a CAD detail of the layout page. Then create a block of the postage sized drawing. 

Resize the block as necessary and export.  I can't tell what'll happen on 24 x 24 sized sheets... but on 24 x 36, the resize factor is 48. 

Just to be sure, when you export the enlarged layout drawing, do a quick test.

Reimport the block and check the dimensions. they should be in line w/ the desired scale. 

Per the example below (on a 24 x 36 sized layout page) all exporting was done in inches, and the import likewise is done in inches. 

48 is the resize factor.  Hope it helps. 

Snip20220721_39.png