Stair Control?

Designer1

Does anyone know if you can gain more control of how stairs behave using the dbx?  Heres a picture of a problematic stair. 

I had to line break the stair so I could extend it to the wall on the left.  In doing that it broke up the wall railing on the right so it looks bananas.  I turned off the stair railing at on the right, which is ok for the first flight but on the second theres no railing at all. ugh.  Is there a way to seperately select railings on different segments of stair?  Also even with railings both on, I dont understand why at the landing there is no support newel even though those werent turned off.

Im just looking for a way to get the stair I want through the stair dbx and not using work arounds... is this possible?

Stair 2.jpg

Stair.jpg

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Does anyone know if you can gain more control of how stairs behave using the dbx?  Heres a picture of a problematic stair. 

I had to line break the stair so I could extend it to the wall on the left.  In doing that it broke up the wall railing on the right so it looks bananas.  I turned off the stair railing at on the right, which is ok for the first flight but on the second theres no railing at all. ugh.  Is there a way to seperately select railings on different segments of stair?  Also even with railings both on, I dont understand why at the landing there is no support newel even though those werent turned off.

Im just looking for a way to get the stair I want through the stair dbx and not using work arounds... is this possible?

Stair 2.jpg

Stair.jpg

There is separate controls for wall and regular railing so you can turn off the wall railing on the right and leave the regular railing on the right for the stairs above.

hard to tell from standard rendering (shows better with line overlay turned on), but it looks like your stairs are not touching the same surface of that wall on the right which is why your wall railing looks funky.

Thank you Ryan and Dermot for the replies.  

Ryan, I double checked the wall and it was the same surface but because I had to break the stair in order for it to end at the wall on the left it left the railing funky at the right. So I used the suggestion of Dermot and it worked!

Dermot, thanks so much for that tip, it worked!  I was able to maintain the upper railing and get rid of the rail at wall on the first treads.  Do you know why the newel doesnt show up on the second part of the stairs?  When I open that section of the stairs, in the dbx it shows it having a newel??

Stair 3.jpg

Stair 4.png

One other issue I was having with stairs/railings was I usually have remnants of the railing with doorway to open the space to below.  Problem with that is you can see the additional railing in the way.  Normally I just make that invisible but the drawback with that is it then takes away the rise board at the top stair and you can see through the floor.  Is there a better way to get better results for this?

Thanks in advance!

Railing 1.jpg

Railing 3.jpg

Railing2.jpg

Hi Chad,

I would select the door way and pull the right side to the wall. This will eliminate the newel.

The left side needs a newel for railing transition. Or line up with 2nd floor railing to continue the railing

Newel posts on landing corners can sometimes be "finicky".  If the lower stair does not have a railing, then the upper stair probably won't put a post on the landing the way it maybe should.  Regardless, adding a newel post manually is probably way easier than trying to trick the stair/landing to build one for you when it doesn't want to.

If there is a situation where you think the program should do something that it isn't, then you should probably report this to our tech support team and include the plan that demonstrates the problem.