X14 Font Issue - When Opening All Plans

Kbird1

Just curious if anyone else has this Issue ,  as I am not sure if it's on my end of X14 , though it has only started in X14.

the 1st start of a Layout file each day always askes to change the Font and highlights some weird Font I have never used,

and isn't even on my System ( why it's asking I presume ) but it is not the same Font every time - it seems totally random.

I use Century Gothic a lot and Arial with a lot of my Client Work , so am not sure why this is happening.....

*** Unfortunately I can't post Client Plans / Templates on the Forum .....

image.thumb.png.1430ceb8b20d3027cf76c2e0332992af.png

Mick.

I get this when working w/ imported surveys on occasion.

After changing to an alternate font, the program appears to recognize the replacement. 

Maybe it's going to the first available font? (in alphabetical order) Abadi comes before Arial for example. 

Edit: 100% agree with the next response.

If the font is locked up in a block, that could be why it's not possible to shift select it (to make a universal font change) 

Not sure if the below helps for future viewers of this thread. It's fairly recent (dating from last year): 

The information in this article applies to:

Chief Architect Premier or Chief Architect InteriorsVerticalSeparator.png?1626809884Home Designer Professional or Home Designer Architectural or Home Designer Suite

QUESTION

When I open my plan in Chief Architect, I receive the following message: "The following fonts are not available on this system. Missing fonts can lead to unpredictable text sizes."

ANSWER

Chief Architect uses the fonts that are located in your Windows Fonts folder or in the System/Library/Fonts/ folder location on a Mac.   
This message appears when Chief Architect is unable to find a font that is being referenced in the plan or layout. You can choose to replace the font with another font that you do have installed. If you are working with another Chief Architect user, we recommend installing the missing font so that there are no discrepancies between saved versions of plans.

Installing Fonts on Windowshttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314960/how-to-install-or-remove-a-font-in-windows
Installing Fonts on macOShttps://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201749Please be aware that the Windows and macOS operating systems render fonts differently on-screen, using different row and character spacing. Even when all fonts are present, therefore, the text in a given file may look different on different systems.

Thanks for the Replies , not in a Block as far as I know ( but will check) , as it is always Font's I don't use or even have.

this didn't happen in previous Versions , except for the odd Client using a Mac Font eg Helvetica ( windows pc have a redirect to Arial for this built in I believe ) or Andale Mono.

If I figure it out I will post back......

Mick.

I saw this when I built a new x14 template to figure out one of the new dimension defaults that I don’t use had the special font to use custom instead of following the layer set text style.

3 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Unfortunately I can't post Client Plans / Templates on the Forum , sorry should of mentioned that in the OP.

M.

Purge Unused CAD blocks. Import defaults from a chief template plan and save and then check again. That will narrow it down. It can be a default font in a CAD detail or it can be an active default or it can be in a CAD block or in a symbol etc. 

4 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Purge Unused CAD blocks. Import defaults from a chief template plan and save and then check again. That will narrow it down. It can be a default font in a CAD detail or it can be an active default or it can be in a CAD block or in a symbol etc. 

Thanks for the advice Rene.

Mick.

18 hours ago, Kiwideziner said:

I did a purge of the blocks and it is gone.

Glad to hear it worked for you but for me there is nothing to delete ..according to CA , as auto purge is on , so the purge button is greyed out.

M.

6 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Glad to hear it worked for you but for me there is nothing to delete ..according to CA , as auto purge is on , so the purge button is greyed out.

M.

Mick I also purged materials, not sure how that would effect anything thou.

As a general observation in your first post Mick, it was mentioned that this typically happens w/ the start of a Layout. 

Does loading the wayward font into system folder resolve the issue (of the program from asking for it)? 

Abadi may never be used (by you) but what happens if it gets dropped into operating system's font inventory? 

Again the only time I've encountered this is in importing other people's work, like a surveyor, designer of engineer. 

Sorry for stating the obvious, but usually a shift select of their text - (to convert everything to a default) will eliminate the inconsistency. 

I tend to agree Graeme and Rene that the font(s) could be hidden in a CAD detail somewhere.

What's curious though, is why this only recently started happening w/ X-14...  

15 hours ago, VHampton said:

What's curious though, is why this only recently started happening w/ X-14...  

In the case of the OP example, I had worked on the File all day the previous day with no issues , but opening it the following morning popped up this Error again, seemingly randomly asking for a Font I don't have. I happened with another File later in the week as well , but a totally different Font , so it continues to be an Issue, I can't pinpoint so far, but may have more time this coming week to look into things in more depth.

I am used to this opening Others Files , but this error is coming from Files , I've been working on already , in some case for weeks on and off.

Thanks,

Mick.