Outlet in backsplash on kitchen island

Larry_Sweeney

I have a 36" high kitchen island with a 42" high sit-up bar on one side. I'm trying to install outlets in the 6" backsplash between the counter height and the bar height. Is there a "trick" or work around to accomplish this. Yes, I know it's a holiday, but I'm up to my ears in work, quarantine at home with Covid, and bored. As always, any and all help much appreciated.

5 hours ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

I have a 36" high kitchen island with a 42" high sit-up bar on one side. I'm trying to install outlets in the 6" backsplash between the counter height and the bar height. Is there a "trick" or work around to accomplish this. Yes, I know it's a holiday, but I'm up to my ears in work, quarantine at home with Covid, and bored. As always, any and all help much appreciated.

It should work fine these days but you do need a wall or Cabinet to snap it too, not sure what your 6" Backsplash is in chief.

M.

The problem I was having trying to insert outlets into the backsplash area was that that area was not a wall, but part of the overall cabinet structure. When I first "built" the island I had made the backsplash out of a countertop which of course CA would not let me put an outlet in. I finally resolved the issue by making the backsplash between the countertops using a cabinet.  With it being a cabinet CA would install the outlet.  I loaded a plan showing the island I put "together" to get the look and dimensions I wanted. In looking at this island design I've put together, is there a better/more logical way to build the design I'm showing in the plan? Was the "work around" using a cabinet for a backsplash the best solution in this case? I much appreciate all your help and advice. Have a great day.

Kitchen Island.zip

2 hours ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

The problem I was having trying to insert outlets into the backsplash area was that that area was not a wall, but part of the overall cabinet structure

And your back panel is only 1" wide

image.thumb.png.0827f62028894d1dafc8bb8da0105856.png

After changing it to be wide enough to place an outlet into the outlets want to go to the main cabinets. You can mess with moving it away and fiddling with outlets but your solution may be the easiest (or Erics? didn't try that) In any case could do it per the attached.

image.thumb.png.f6089890d2ff5f3a21119643a2eaf956.png

island option.zip