Text Issue when saving as PDF x14

SMB2021

Since upgrading to x14 at least 2 of my co-workers in my department are having a text issue when saving as a PDF. I have not had the issue they're having but it's becoming an "inconvenience" that if they need something sent to PDF, those of us not having the issue will have to open the file and do it for them.

I've attached some pictures of the issue vs what it's supposed to look like.

Is anyone else having this issue and knew the solution to fix it?

How it looks when they send to PDF

530613816_TextIssue.PNG.a7e8ca1a494321465667fd7d14c87a72.PNG

1401733306_TextIssue2.PNG.ddc6ac5e07c8af048e06565b19a1c9cc.PNG

vs how it looks when I send to PDF

569229736_TextNormal.PNG.d6bb2dd58a6fea660c9f4cc67ec3c549.PNG

Printing automatically makes Chief do a FULL Layout Update , and it appears to me that when this happens that text block is being "pulled/refreshed" from the wrong .plan   ie the Existing Plan vs the Proposed Plan.

you might want to have them do the "refresh" before printing to check things like this......

image.thumb.png.6297cd98c7d6242ff0fe89eb29fb5258.png

Mick.

19 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Printing automatically makes Chief do a FULL Layout Update , and it appears to me that when this happens that text block is being "pulled/refreshed" from the wrong .plan   ie the Existing Plan vs the Proposed Plan.

you might want to have them do the "refresh" before printing to check things like this......

The text examples were from different PDFs of different projects. It was just to show what the text style looks like for 2 of my co-workers vs me when saving as a PDF. I'm more so asking about the text style changing when saving as a PDF. It'll show our normal font in CA layout but once it's saved as a PDF the PDF changes the font style for some reason. This issue only started since upgrading to x14. I know this seems like an Adobe issue but I figured I'd ask here since the issue arose once we all upgraded to x14.

3 minutes ago, SMB2021 said:

The text examples were from different PDFs of different projects. It was just to show what the text style looks like for 2 of my co-workers vs me when saving as a PDF. I'm more so asking about the text style changing when saving as a PDF. It'll show our normal font in CA layout but once it's saved as a PDF the PDF changes the font style for some reason. This issue only started since upgrading to x14. I know this seems like an Adobe issue but I figured I'd ask here since the issue arose once we all upgraded to x14.

Obvious question, does everyone have the correct font installed on their computers?

Is it a CAD block? Rich Text? Standard Text? Is the text in the layout file or the plan file?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, robdyck said:

Obvious question, does everyone have the correct font installed on their computers?

Is it a CAD block? Rich Text? Standard Text? Is the text in the layout file or the plan file?

Everyone has the correct font installed. It's only become an issue since upgrading to x14. It changes all text in the PDF file whether it's from the plan file or layout file, whether it's rich text or standard text. The text style looks how it should in CA but when you open the PDF it looks different.

1 hour ago, SMB2021 said:

Everyone has the correct font installed. It's only become an issue since upgrading to x14. It changes all text in the PDF file whether it's from the plan file or layout file, whether it's rich text or standard text. The text style looks how it should in CA but when you open the PDF it looks different.

I can tell you from my experience that Chief X14 has problems with some fonts. I have reported some issues to TS and they are aware of some. It would be great if you reported this to TS.