Staircase Wall Issues

mdavisdcb

Good Morning, 

I am having some staircase issues. This L shaped staircase is leading from the interior of the home to the above garage loft. The stairwell will cut into the garage so I need a way of putting a full wall on the angled part of the stairwell leading upstairs. Is there a simple way to do this? 

image.png.b223de2d761856ca20f48b1bcc3b85c3.png

Thank you, 

Mitchell Davis

Running on CA Premier X13

9 minutes ago, solver said:

Draw wall, drag bottom up in elevation.

Alternative is to place a ceiling plane parallel under the stairs and have the wall be set to cut wall at roof in the roof panel of the wall dbx.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 10:32 AM, rgardner said:

Alternative is to place a ceiling plane parallel under the stairs and have the wall be set to cut wall at roof in the roof panel of the wall dbx.

I still can't get this to work on any of my drawings, when I try your suggestion my ceiling plane auto snaps to a location inside the drywall of the wall it's cutting and it isn't clean.  Is there a way to force the ceiling plane not to snap to something?

19 minutes ago, Thewoodmaster said:

I still can't get this to work on any of my drawings, when I try your suggestion my ceiling plane auto snaps to a location inside the drywall of the wall it's cutting and it isn't clean.  Is there a way to force the ceiling plane not to snap to something?

Every circumstance is different.  Sometimes it will not work depending on the walls around it and room size, etc.  You can use an invisible wall set to Non Room defining & PARTITION WALL that is placed so the middle of this invisible wall is at the outside layer of the wall you want to cut.  This will allow the ceiling plane to snap to the middle of the new invisible wall.