How-to video for doing CAD details linking to callouts and layout pages?

GeneDavis

I'm not good at finding the training vids for this.  Please help me out.

I want to do callouts for details, exactly as Chief is showing in the Batchelor View sample file.  See the clips attached.

I know I could download the plan file and examine things, but this one was done in an earlier version of Chief, and since I am in 14 with enhanced stuff for linkages, etc., I want to use all the new tools.

2022-06-25 17_09_22-Window.png

2022-06-25 17_07_58-Window.png

Thanks, Scott.  That helps.  In your video you do what I want to do, which is to link the callout to the CAD detail, and populate the label for the detail with its number and page.

I looked at the plan file for Nashville which was done in X13 (at least that is where it is in my archives) and see that for the CAD details in that plan, you created one (just one) CAD detail for all the CAD details used in the layout, so there was no linking.  Your video is showing the linking which I guess is a new feature in X14.

Might be nice for a future release (and I will repeat this in Suggestions) to be able to auto number CAD details within a "type letter."  Plot details begin with P, foundation details begin with F, architectural details (maybe just called plan details) start with A, electrical with E, cabinets C, etc.   

22 hours ago, scottharris said:

Mick, it's the full house plan.  On the website, it's labeled as the 'Austin'

thanks for the reply Scott,  it's been a while since I looked at the Samples and wasn't expecting to find 3 Austin Plans.

Mick.