File transfer to new PC

mtldesigns

Maybe I'm not putting in the correct search words, but I could have swore I saw a post with steps of moving everything Chief to a new pc.   

Any help locating, or your own steps would be helpful.  

Thanks,

I think you will find a few tips here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00001/backing-up-chief-architect-content.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00091/restoring-chief-architect-content.html

Or just image your entire hard drive onto your new one or rip it out of your old computer and connect to the new one.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Or just image your entire hard drive onto your new one or rip it out of your old computer and connect to the new one

Yeah.. this looks scary to this non techy guy.

The tips look doable though.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, ericepv said:

This doesn't look scary  :-)

7 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

I think you will find a few tips here

How does this all work with Chief?  I have one license..  do I need to load Chief X14 on new pc first, and will loading new create just that standard OOB libraires?  Then I can transfer the additional catalogs, user stuff after the fact?   And loading on the new, will that cancel my X13 license on the old?  I'm not sure how the license thing works.  

6 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

This doesn't look scary  :-)

How does this all work with Chief?  I have one license..  do I need to load Chief X14 on new pc first, and will loading new create just that standard OOB libraires?  Then I can transfer the additional catalogs, user stuff after the fact?   And loading on the new, will that cancel my X13 license on the old?  I'm not sure how the license thing works.  

You can download as many copies of Chief as you want (I have one for my desktop and one for my laptop) but only one license can be active at a time.

3 minutes ago, ericepv said:

but only one license can be active at a time

Ok.. good.  I was hoping I didn't have to buy another license.  I can have Chief loaded on as many computers as I want, but only one can be active at a time.  

4 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

OTOH, you can always download anything that it doesn't.

True!

Hope this new big boy box helps w more speed and keeps my soffits from looking green.  :-)