Adding A House To This Plan

Evolution

As I stated in another thread on this same project. My boss informed me we now have a topo, although I cannot import it so I can use the elevations electronically and plot the house in accordingly.

I have been shooting from the hip trying to model everything off of floor -0- as the main floor (because of HIS time constraints). A basement below, and attic space above. The garage also has a basement, however what would be the roof is a deck. The terrain has an appox 30' slope from its upper most point (where there is now an existing summer home) down to water's edge. The new Lake House sets down-slope from the summer house, but up slope from the lake.

I have the contours and will commence to do a terrain. My question is this: I am now being asked to include the summer house, (so the local AHJ and zoning boards) can review and approve the "over-all" plot plan with topo (for various requirements that have to be met by the owner / land developer such as "storm-water run off") etc.

I am not quite sure how to come back now and add this new structure, without throwing everything else off.

I assume since the known elevation of floor 1 (main level) is technically zero, based on the software,  the basement floor is -168 per my  input, if my main floor plots at say 2' below the main floor of the summer house, I would start drawing a new main floor at +24" higher than the main floor of the new home. It's basement if it is the same height of the new home's basement level would be -166.  I would model the existing summer house the same as the new one. Main floor then basement then floors above.

The user helps and manual said in order to create the flat roof over the garage to use as a deck (or roof) I had to go up one floor do the room def, remove roof and ceiling etc and change the floor finish to conc or etc. I did that and it came out ok.

I don't have a lot of time to go back and start over. I have made the dimenstion changes they requested, and per the Civil engeers direction "scewed" the new house/exting summer house connectiong to the garage. I have not rebuilt the roof yet but am currently going through making sure ALL wall line up correctly, room ceiling height are the same.

I am posting the plan (as soon as I can get to another computer and zip it), and keep in mind I know the added summer house is not correct I will take it down and start over, but I wanted to start correctly this time!

I am sure MOST of YOU are getting heart-burn from all my questions, I am learning a lot on my own, but some of these things just don't fit in the "normal" box and I keep trying in stead of giving up!

Thanks to whom ever is willing to respond.

Bob,

If you are just showing for the exterior views, you can create the summer house in a different file, take a 3D view, and save as a symbol. Then insert the symbol onto the topo as you will, raising and lowering as necessary.

Richard, I actually did a copy paste/pdf and emailed it to them to show the position, etc, but the home owner was going to remodel the summer house etc, so the builder took the preliminaries (including my original messed up roof) with the copy/pasted plot to get a prelim review to see what other requirements (storm water permits) perk for additional bathrooms so on and so forth, they came back and said not enough info.

I am "more or less" doing what I am told to do at this point. That's one of the reasons I have had so much trouble getting the "geometry" right in the first place.

1.16.2015 Exp 2 plan ext stair revision KEEP.zip

Sorry to be late getting back to you, I am posting the updated plan with the "glitches" that are being caused when I add the summer house.

Since the lower floor of the summer house is +/- 21" higher than the main floor (floor 1 by CAX6) of the new home, the best way I could figure was to start at what is zero level (floor 1) of new home basement garage floor. I drew the summer home (per the CE new plot plan) then I drew that level at the floor 1 level of the new house(floor 1 per CAX6) of the summer house and added the foundation at level zero. The summer house has a level above with living space above (it what would be it's attic.

I am DEAD IN THE WATER at this point. I am NOT SURE what to do NOW!

To be more specific, I am trying to add the summer house to my plan. I usually start on the main level (same in this case) build flr 1, 2 etc., then foundation (basement). By adding the summer house, in this case the summer house basement (garage level)with foundation, is going to be about 21' higher than the main/garage level of the lake house.<br />then the 2nd floor of the summer house will be near the level (higher or lower) than what is the flat roof (deck) of the garage, and the bedroom floor (attic room) level is above all that.<br /><br />I attempted to add the summer house, in that manner, but I can't get the foundation of the summer house without it affecting the lake house basement/foundation.<br />I tried a blank floor plan, drawing the summer house, setting the levels, then copy paste but as soon as it is connected to the garage the foundation of the lake house changes throwing everything off.

I think I may have fixed it! At least with the exception of a couple of things I have to still check.

I must have been resetting the relative heights and absolute elevations on the lake house and forgetting to check something?

UPDATE: Well, I celebrated too early. Plan is NOT fixed. Although I was able to get the basement of the lake house back to it's original depth, when I added the summer house and it's respective footing, I clicked build footing, I knew of no other way to get a foundation under the summer house,

that's what caused the fluke in the lake house.

I reset the basement dbx to the original (from the saved original plan I kept a copy on file). I noticed when I selected one of the rooms, that the entire basement floor was selected, which indicated the room partitions were missing.

I also noticed, I now had footings where I didn't have previously in the original plan.

I can attempt to delete the foundation and rebuild, but I am pretty sure that will again mess up the entire plan.

So I am back to the issue at hand.

post-1662-0-23137500-1421522427_thumb.png

post-1662-0-75156600-1421525634_thumb.png

And, that is what I did. I have not completed adding the floors to the summer house because, when I added the foundation below floor 1 of the summer house the foundation of the big house changed also, refer to the previous clips. I went into the basement of the big house opened the dbx (see previous comments) and re-set the original floor, ceiling heights for the basement. At the same time I noticed all my previously drawn room walls were gone. I did the "undo" function but the walls did not come back. I rechecked to make sure walls were turned on in the display options.<br />Even if I remove the summer house from the connection to the big house' garage, and rebuild foundation no change.

Bob,

For me, this is all a bit complicated to understand and solve on this forum.

You really need some one on one tutoring/problem solving. 

I would be happy to do an interactive Skype session to help sort out some of your problems (no charge).

Let me know if I can help.

Try to use save as file A1,A2.

..... Any kind of arrangement you may adapt with, never trust chief working on one file with out having an archieve.

Are you using auto rebuild the foundation?

BTW I tried the day Eric have made a nice solution to your question but did not post it since i thought you have finished your work. I feel that you really know what you r doing, and sure with in a short time you are going to master chief.

My point is, I have seen the curved balcony centre point was your assumed centre point of the roof segments that cover the balcony.

If you r still interested to see exactly your assumption I have done it manually and it looks like the attached picture,if you need the plan I will attach.

Finally I advise you to try exactly point out where you need help precisely so that people may not get confused, people are ready to help here but they must easily understand your point.

post-2517-0-65566700-1421536687_thumb.jpg

post-2517-0-95998300-1421536725_thumb.jpg

Yusuf, YOU ARE SUCH GREAT HELP. I realize my help request haven't been all that clear. I am working under such STRESS at this moment, that I really am having difficulty keeping the issues straight let a lone communicate them clearly.

I wouldn't have taken on THIS DIFFICULT for a "newby" project, but my boss gave me a CHOICE, get laid off for lack of work, or do this. SO, the whole thing has been a test of my WILL as well as a test of my understanding of how X6 works (upgraded from HD Pro 10).

I did the original model with auto build foundations on. After literally hundreds of little changes almost daily from the client I thought I was getting closer to getting some things fixed, then the client decided his builder could not do everything required by the code/building permits submittals and hired a Civil engineer at the last moment.

That caused the ISSUE when adding the existing summer house to the mix of things. I thought it would only be a matter of drawing the existing house (see original attached updated plan)and setting the individual room dbx's (they are not default) but it only destroyed my base plan of the big lake house.

1.17.2015 Exp 2 plan ext stair revision KEEP.zip

Bob,

For me, this is all a bit complicated to understand and solve on this forum.

You really need some one on one tutoring/problem solving. 

I would be happy to do an interactive Skype session to help sort out some of your problems (no charge).

Let me know if I can help.

Glenn, you ARE a PRINCE! Believe it or not I am more experienced with "go to meeting" (although not used in the last year) but the OFFER at this point and time is great. YOU being in AUSTRALIA and I (US-central standard time) may be an issue connecting. Do you wish to send me a private email with how we might work this out?