Graphics Card

Tony-209

Hey guys,

I have a lot of issues with X14 freezing, particularly  when watching videos and working at the same time, this looks to me like a graphics card problem. While I have a good card, what card do you recommend to handle X14 graphics?

Or, any advice?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7700

21 hours ago, Tony-209 said:

Hey guys,

I have a lot of issues with X14 freezing, particularly  when watching videos and working at the same time, this looks to me like a graphics card problem. While I have a good card, what card do you recommend to handle X14 graphics?

Or, any advice?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7700

I built a new computer, no point in putting a corvette engine in a pinto.  The card is an MSI Nvidia 3080Ti  and it is dynamite.  I also installed two 2T SSD and 32g DDR5 memory. 

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I have a 3060 without any problems

Prices have dropped significantly since about Feb and are now more realistic and probably about 1/2 what you paid.....

The 3070ti is a nice compromise now good value and some futureproofing , though if you don't do a lot of renders etc

a 3060 is a good option especially at today's pricing.

M.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

and if you don't want to drain the bank account, I have a 3060 without any problems

I too use a 3060, works great. My PBR RT renders complete usually within 10-60 seconds.