Material Cleanups

ragetoca

I have seen some improvement over the years I've been using Chief but I agree that there are many instances where, if one is really paying attention to those details, they just aren't right.  Nevertheless, for the most part, I am very pleased with the displays that Chief generates.  If I was going to complain about appearance, it would be those elevation view lines that show up on the exterior finish that seem to be related to the floor system design behind the exterior finish.  These can be cleaned up at final in LO but I would obviously prefer to not have to do that.  Here's what I am talking about:

post-191-0-79909400-1421420374_thumb.jpg

The muntin intersection one bugs me the most, with the stile-rail intersection a close second.

I've made some of my own garage doors solely to get rid of some of the errant lines in Chief's doors.

You circled where the top sash meets the bottom sash. that one actually appears as it should.

The muntins crossing each other have always been like that and they bug me too.  I can sometimes get better results with custom muntins but this is a lot of extra work.

The door is because whoever made the door symbol made it that way.  I don't know if this was done on purpose (because that's the look they wanted) or if was an accident that was never fixed.  If you use a different door symbol, or a simple frame and panel door, you won't see the problem.

I understand what is being said as far as pictures goes but as a builder in my previous lifetime , I never look that close at the pictures I depended on the construction drawings when I see grids that showed 2 over 3 I knew what to order or I and I would always interact with the homeowner, showing a sheet of cad lines of doors and windows on a 24 x 36 sheet doesn't mean much to the guy building this he is more interested in the window and door schedule for the sizes he needs to make the openings for the windows that the client is going to use and what the r.o. would be and have them on the print where he is framing from Less paper to carry around and more accurate than seeing cad drawings they can see that on the elevation pages if needed, just my opinion and my customers don't see the fine detail that is being pointed out here, I would rather Chief work on stairs and railing for more accuracy and flexibility,

Again just my opinion

LOL. Chief got that door because I gave it to them. I built it. I might have done it with V10 or X1. They don't deserve the blame I do. :)

The weird extra lines may have something to do with the fact that it was made from a slab with holes cut into it. Not sure why it did that there and not on the bottom panels.

The door problem is one that could be fixed by fixing the original model of the door.

The muntins are modeled poorly by us. They need an overhaul. The way we model them is as single surface strips that intersect each other at the middle. Which is really far from correct. They really should be built as a molding that can either be between the glass panes or extend inside and outside of them. That of course would add a lot of surfaces to the model so may be a performance issue.

The wall issue is one we saw from time to time in the past, but shouldn't occur if the walls are vertically aligned. If you have a case that reproduces the problem send the plan in to our support team.