Troubles with Dimensions

NealFlora

There is something I am obviously not understanding.

The attached plan is a simple room with 5 walls.  Notice that one wall is angled.  This angel is not 45 deg

What I am trying to do is to set the verticle and horizontal wall to exact dimension (Top = 61 1/2", Right = 48 1/2", bottom = 36" and left = 24 1/2")

No matter how I have tried, I can get 3 of the 4 walls correct but when I change the last one, one of the other walls that meet the angle dimension changes.  I suspect it is due to the Angle Wall (Which I do not change).  How can I get this room to the correct dimensions?

Master Shower.plan

Walls love to snap to cad lines ........and angled walls in Chief can be a bear.......so draw it out in CAD Lines 1st , then set the resize about option to the correct surface you want to snap the walls too , ie framing , inner surface , outer surface etc.

image.thumb.png.9c214a140924daafad2ce2912aa069ad.png

@Kbird1 is right about walls snapping to CAD Lines.  With walls, they snap to the main layer (stud) and not the wall finish.  If you want the dimension to the wall finish, and you want exact dimensions you outlined, your wall would be 43.25°.  since the walls snap to the main layer, I drew two sets of CAD lines a 1/2" a part to facilitate the snapping and account for the wall finish.  Then, I drew the angled line to determine the exact angle.  From there, drew a new angled wall away from the room, made it parallel to the line and then moved it into place.  See attached plan.

wall.jpg

MasterShower.plan

• Upvote 1