Going back from HD PRO 23 to 20

ICONDEV

I recently upgraded to HD 2023 from 2020, but I no longer can render 3D models due to a graphic card inefficiency within my Mac. 

So until I can ascertain a new card, I wanted to continue to work in 2020, but when I go to open it it will not allow me to. 

Both versions are active on this computer only, so I would think I would be able to still utilize HD 2020??

Thanks 

3 hours ago, ICONDEV said:

Both versions are active on this computer only, so I would think I would be able to still utilize HD 2020??

Sure but the files are not compatible.  If you brought a file forward Premier archives a copy of the original file so that it can be used to go back but any work you do in the newer version updates the file so that it can not go back.

If you have HD Pro you can benefit from following Chieftalk as HD Pro has many of the manual tools that Premier has

be sure to identify that you have HD Pro when asking questions so others can reply appropriately 

and when reading posts be aware that not everything will apply to HD Pro

many symbols and other info may applyy

Lew

You should be able to use both versions of your program but you will not be able to open any files saved in the newer version (HD Pro 2023 or X14) in the older version (HD Pro 2020 or X12). 

The good news is that the newer version should have automatically created an backup/archive version of your original plan from the older version.  This tech article should help you find your archived plan:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00099/accessing-your-archive-files.html

If you need additional help, I would recommend that you contact our tech support team during their normal business hours.