Fascia Heights do not match

HomesByDesign

Greetings,

For many years I've simply tweaked things to make a situation like the attached work but decided to throw it out there. In doing my homework I've yet to find anything similar.

Question, why do the fascia heights in the attached not line up? The file is a simply four wall house that I started for this purpose. I've struggled with similar for many years and made it work with custom values and tweaks.

R

Fascia Height.png

34 minutes ago, HomesByDesign said:

And similar?

Fascia Issues.png

This is most likely due to an inaccuracy in your roof modelling. Something is off by a small amount and you'd probably need to zoom in quite close to see it.

If you post the plan someone will help you!

The vertical height of the gable fascia (angled) is greater than the vertical height of the eaves fascia (horizontal).

Take a cross section looking at the back of the junction and by making the gable fascia and sub fascia size smaller to suit you can align it to get the junctions looking better. I align the bottoms of the fascia boards fist and adjust the sub fascia so that the soffits align where they meet the fascia boards.

Hi Eric

I agree the problem is in the program and how it handles this situation, it always has been this way that I can remember.

I am not saying the roof planes should be raised or lowered.

I am saying that by adjusting the gable fascia and sub fascia you can improve the appearance.

The gable fascia and sub fascia should be set to the same size on all roof plans so they match all around.

My suggested is only a work around to enhance the appearance. maybe some else has a better suggestion.

@HomesByDesign

The first problem is that your roof structural definitions are completely random.

• How will you actually build the roof? Rafters or trusses?
  • What size overhang do you want? Is it measured to sub-fascia or finished fascia?
  • What size sub-fascia will you use? Not 4" or 4 3/4"...right? More like a 2x6 or a 2x8.
  • What size finish fascia will you use? LP SmartSide Trim or pref-finished aluminum?

This plan should be sent to Tech Support so they can see just how messed up a simple roof can be. Even after changing all the roof planes and the roof defaults to use 2x6 subfascia, and 1x8 fascia, Chief will not forget about the original 4.75" subfascia height for the roof returns.

image.thumb.png.d50b2ad923291fde00a87f38160067e1.png

And for some reason Chief also cannot connect the fascia correctly.

image.thumb.png.e4fbf566dfbb84d1365f48dfa5595bb8.png

All in all, it's a mess. Your roof geometry was quite good, I simply cleaned up a few dimensions.

Long and short of it is, I can't help you. This will probably require manual modelling to clean it up.