Layout icon is a Sketchup file

tds_cc

Hey everyone,

I've included an image here to refer to. Check out the layout file. It has an icon that is typically associated with Sketchup. This happened on another project, too. If I double click the file to open, it tries to open in Sketchup which obviously doesn't work. I am able to right click and "open with" chief and it works fine. But the question remains - why is this happening? Couldn't find any other mention of such a thing on this group. Anyone have any ideas?

image.thumb.png.6a1ea3cdc7fd236fa8639b6ecd35af04.png

If you go to your preferences, under General -> File Management, you should see a button that says Associate Files With This Program

(This image is from Windows but it's the same place on the Mac)

image.thumb.png.3abe8dd0873556285805b61d497b6a10.png

For the Mac side of things:

1.) Within Finder right click on any layout file and choose get info.

2.) With the get info dbx that pops up, one of the options is to open in and gives you a drop down of typical options,  if your version of Chief is not listed there use the other options and it will open your programs folder.  Select the Chief product you want to open it with.

3.) In the same section below where you associate that file is the option to open all of those files with that option.  Select that and from then on you should be able to open them directly into Chief.