Cabinet component lists

KimJansen

how do you create a complete material list for cabinets that will include every single component with pricing? 

At the moment if you select the cabinet, the material list will only include the hinge and doors, I need to be able to cost the complete unit, the cost estimate to change as the cabinet changes in size??

On 6/8/2022 at 3:27 AM, KimJansen said:

how do you create a complete material list for cabinets that will include every single component with pricing? 

At the moment if you select the cabinet, the material list will only include the hinge and doors, I need to be able to cost the complete unit, the cost estimate to change as the cabinet changes in size??

Better off just making your own inventory in your library with pricing for each separate unit...this is a standard practice in the cabinet business, same way we order modular cabinets

On 6/8/2022 at 8:27 PM, KimJansen said:

At the moment if you select the cabinet, the material list will only include the hinge and doors

The ML list seems to report everything for me. Post more details to see what is wrong.

The simplest way to keep track of cabinet pricing changes may be to just have the ML reflect changes to the widths of cabinets.

So you could have a lineal foot cost contained in the Components panel for a particular cabinet style.

You can use all sorts of info and macros to do what you want, but my feeling is that it will get too complicated once you start editing your cabinets - just because there are so many variables for cabinets.

eg, in the Price section on the Components panel of your cabinet dbx you could enter =width*your cost per lineal foot.

Any changes to the width of the cabinet will then be reflected in the total cost of the cabinet in your ML.

• Like 1

Thank you for the insight. my client wants me to produce Quotations as of the software 'Winner Flex' now I know Chief is more powerful than that, so apart from purchasing this software, how can Chief produce quotation like material lists, with the aide of Macros??? and who has the wizz to be able to give me insight on this??