File too big & mystery object can't be deleted

tds_cc

Hey folks - I have two questions...

1. I have a .plan file that is 120 MB so I can't upload it here. This doesn't seem normal right? What could I have done to make it so large?! It is a big house. But, even when I made a copy and stripped out a bunch of stuff, it only reduced the size to 117 MB.

2. Instead I'm attaching a PDF to explain my next question. There is a mystery rectangle that I can not select in order to delete it. I have tried turning all layers on and unlocking all the layers, but I still can't seem to select it! (It's the rectangle with yellow fill where the pool table is shown.)

Thanks!

To CA Forum.pdf

8 minutes ago, solver said:

This makes it easier for others as an image shows in the forum

Also doesn't need to be downloaded onto everyone's computer who wants to help.  I many times will scroll on by so this is great advice from Eric to get yourself more help in the future.

5 minutes ago, tds_cc said:

Nevermind - I figured out the rectangle.

Question about file size still stands though.

Hard to say without having the plan but biggest culprits are imported symbols.  Even if you have alot of chief symbols it can get bigger pretty quick.  Big models are many times over 100mb though.  Just depends on the amounts of surfaces that the 3d model has to render.

Same observations as per Mr. Garnder... Are the objects in your plan low surface count? 

For example there are really great looking cars in the 3dwarehouse, but they can be often be close to 20MGB per object. One or two cars will add up quickly. 

The same goes for furniture.

As an experiment, open up an auto-archived version of your plan file, and delete a bunch of 3d objects. Then see what happens w/ the file size.