Window & Door Labels in Plan View - Show both the Schedule and Size label

wazzubrad

Go to solution Solved by VHampton,

Guys, when a door or window schedule is created, it changes the label on each window and door to the schedule label. Is it possible to show both the Schedule and Size for the label rather than just the Schedule label? I have tried various settings with the Door/Window labels to get this to work and haven't found a setting that allows this.

image.thumb.png.aa76eb80dc329d671f3ffc34216672f9.png

• Solution

Unfortunately X-13 doesn't generate the shape with the number inside (aka the callout) and the size. 

EDIT: (In Version X-14 however, the callout and the sizes can be achieved.) 

With X-13 ...The way to show a Door number and the door size (width x height) is to use a custom "macro" in the door's label option. See below. 

Then ....uncheck the "Use Callout" option when the Door schedule is opened.

Now the door number and size will appear, but not with the callout shape - meaning a circle, or square, or whatever option was selected. 

(%schedule_number%)

%automatic_label%

Snip20220606_27.thumb.png.d0f9400896b58f98f4ba5f20741e9676.png

Snip20220606_28.png

11 minutes ago, VHampton said:

Unfortunately the program doesn't make the shape with the number inside and the size. Someday perhaps. 

For now, the way to show a Door number and the door size (width x height) is to use a custom "macro" in the door's label option. See below. 

Then ....uncheck the "Use Callout" when the Door schedule is opened. Now the door number and size will appear, but not with the callout shape. 

Without question it would be nice if they could figure out a way to show both. 

This older thread shows the very same question: 

(%schedule_number%)

%automatic_label%

Snip20220606_27.thumb.png.d0f9400896b58f98f4ba5f20741e9676.png

Snip20220606_28.png

Vhampton, that did it. Thank you!

image.png.4a8fd0f97d77033329dc401a160821fd.png

1 hour ago, wazzubrad said:

Guys, when a door or window schedule is created, it changes the label on each window and door to the schedule label. Is it possible to show both the Schedule and Size for the label rather than just the Schedule label? I have tried various settings with the Door/Window labels to get this to work and haven't found a setting that allows this.

Brad this is a mess.....   In another thread you said you were using X14.   You have a bunch of answers provided here for X13.

Also it looks like you are showing an X14 solution without saying how you accomplished it ?

If you are in fact using X14 and asking X14 questions you need to update your signature.

Chopsaw, I did attempt to update my signature two days ago, see snip below. Apparently I am doing this in the wrong location though as it's not taking in the posts. Is your comment based solely on my signature?

Also, I marked VHampton's post as the solution when I found it worked.

Also, I provided my settings for the label setup that I liked the best, directly above your post

image.thumb.png.1f9af0196935b0154e8e8d6c8cee6c6e.png

6 minutes ago, solver said:

Please update your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Thanks

Thanks Eric. I edited the wrong location. Done.

6 minutes ago, wazzubrad said:

Is your comment based solely on my signature?

No not solely but you signature is causing a lot of confusion and it looks like you now have that fixed but this thread mentions nothing about X14 and I believe you are using an X14 new feature for your solution and not showing how you achieved it which is very confusing for anyone else reading through this thread and seeing the supposed correct answer.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

No not solely but you signature is causing a lot of confusion and it looks like you now have that fixed but this thread mentions nothing about X14 and I believe you are using an X14 new feature for your solution and not showing how you achieved it which is very confusing for anyone else reading through this thread and seeing the supposed correct answer.

Wasn't aware this is solely an X14 feature.

4 minutes ago, wazzubrad said:

Wasn't aware this is solely an X14 feature.

Yes I think you need to have a look at the Label tab of your X14 Schedule Specification DBX on line  #1 and post that in the appropriate place.

4 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes I think you need to have a look at the Label tab of your X14 Schedule Specification DBX on line  #1 and post that in the appropriate place.

Done, added snip of Schedule DBX to prior reply above showing the Schedule Label setting. Thanks Chopsaw

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wazzubrad said:

Done, added snip of Schedule DBX to prior reply above showing the Schedule Label setting. Thanks Chopsaw

You might as well delete the posting previous to that since you did not use the suggested X13 solution and you should mention that your solution is achieved in X14 so people don't need to read right through to the last entry.