Schedules - How to adjust Line Weight of "3D Exterior View" column?


wazzubrad
 Share

Go to solution Solved by wazzubrad,

Recommended Posts

I can't seem to find which layer or setting that pertains to the "3D Exterior Elevation" which appears on a schedule? For example; the picture of the doors on this door schedule have a line weight setting that isn't going to work. Any ideas how to change this?

 

image.thumb.png.65a5912cbc8aa528c6e9f62e0a1d278f.png 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You might need to share the Plan , or an example at least ... I have not ever seen that.

 

If you fixed it please post back with the Solution, thanks.

 

M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, glennw said:

How and where did you create the door schedule?

 

I created the door schedule within Cad Detail Management in my Plan file. I do setup custom line weights via Print -> Drawing Sheet Setup (snip below) and was going through editing my new X14 Template when I found this issue.

 

image.thumb.png.ba4a0ac417de83de78e5f3bd45c3854f.png

 

Here is a link to my plan file; http://gofile.me/5m788/kaxgaD8Qj

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, wazzubrad said:

I created the door schedule within Cad Detail Management in my Plan file. I do setup custom line weights via Print -> Drawing Sheet Setup (snip below) and was going through editing my new X14 Template when I found this issue.

 

image.thumb.png.ba4a0ac417de83de78e5f3bd45c3854f.png

 

Here is a link to my plan file; http://gofile.me/5m788/kaxgaD8Qj

That Cad detail is not in sync with the rest of your plan most likely.  By chance is the rest of the plan 1:200 MM and not in?  OOB is 1:100.  I personally use 1:150 for slightly better control but mm not inches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, rgardner said:

That Cad detail is not in sync with the rest of your plan most likely.  By chance is the rest of the plan 1:200 MM and not in?  OOB is 1:100.  I personally use 1:150 for slightly better control but mm not inches.

As far as I know the Line Weights are set in Print -> Drawing Sheet Setup, so I am assuming the "rest of the plan" is set per the snip. Is there somewhere else I should look? I have setup the line weights this way per a suggestion I read prior in the forums and am trialing the look. I had to go through and adjust quite a few layers with new line weight settings which it looks like it's working well so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan, I set the plan and layout files to 1:200MM and it cleared up the issue in the 3D Exterior Elevation. But this has created a new issue for me as would need adjust all of the line weight values on the layers I changed previously. I will need to decide which setting is preferable for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wazzubrad said:

Ryan, I set the plan and layout files to 1:200MM and it cleared up the issue in the 3D Exterior Elevation. But this has created a new issue for me as would need adjust all of the line weight values on the layers I changed previously. I will need to decide which setting is preferable for me. 

1:200 inches is going to be difficult to have much finite control on the lines.  OOB is 1:100mm and I usually stay fairly close to the standard oob line settings but change it to 1:150mm so it is a little finer control.  Then I adjust a few line settings.  Doing a full set of construction documents while doing it will really help you to dial them in.  Then use the save as a template tool to save a copy for a new template.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

For anyone who runs into this same problem that I created, I realized that when editing a Cad Detail, you can also set the Line Weight Options for Cad Details in the Drawing Sheet Setup dialog under File->Print->Drawing Sheet Setup. When I changed the Line Weights there to match my Plan and Layout files, it fixed the Line Weights on my schedules and everything looks correct now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    32343
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    savannathomas
    Newest Member
    savannathomas
    Joined