Can I delete the bonus library calibz files?

Designers_Edge

I did a search on the Chief Website and also on Chief Talk and did not find anything.   Trying to clean up my hard drive.  All of the bonus 295 library catalog items have been added to my Library. I would like to remove all of the many files I have on my hard drive.  I assume that the majority of items will be available for down load if I ever need a file or that a new and better bonus catalog will come along.  I have a robust User Catalog that I work out of.

Just want to make sure I am not doing something I will regret.  Thank you.

Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 4.09.03 PM.png

51 minutes ago, Designers_Edge said:

Greg, you have a point.  I have lots of cloud storage.  I have used Chief since version 8.0 and as you can imagine, everything is getting bloated.  Trying to streamline everything.

I believe Greg was referring to an External USB3 Harddrive (HDD), I also advise it , usually a 4 - 10TB depending on Budget, and also making sure you use a daily/weekly automatic backup scheme , not only for Lib. Files but all your Client Folders and Files, Documents, Pics. , Music etc. ( The Cloud is a good "off-site" backup - always have 2 copies )

Though, it is not 100% necessary to save them, as if you have current SSA they can be downloaded again, I personally do though, and Chief has about 420 bonus libraries at the moment , and you should make it a Habit eg. monthly to also save your User Catalog as back-up " just in case".

Mick.

• Like 1

Mick, thank you for taking the time.  I actually do have  a Seagate 3TB external hard drive that is set to automatically back up my data on my iMac.  I am most attached to my User Library as it is precious and has taken so much time over the years, adding items that I have created in projects etc.  So, would never want to lose it.  Sharon

3 minutes ago, Designers_Edge said:

Mick, thank you for taking the time.  I actually do have  a Seagate 3TB external hard drive that is set to automatically back up my data on my iMac.  I am most attached to my User Library as it is precious and has taken so much time over the years, adding items that I have created in projects etc.  So, would never want to lose it.  Sharon

As longer as you are Backup up your Chief Data Folder the User Library should be getting backed up too , but I also right Click on the User Catalog about once a month and "Export Library", and save the File to my external HDD.... a side benefit is that will highlight any issues with missing Textures.

This "Export" saved me a few months back when Chief somehow wiped out my User Library......

• Like 1