As Build and Remodel

EsteeChief

Go to solution Solved by MarkMc,

Hello, 

I should Strat in: I'm working on a Mac... 

While trying to create As Built and Remodel Views, I noticed when I click on a wall it doesn't come up in the 

Active Layer Display Options - I have search for it).

Second Question is, after creating the Demo Wall Layer and then Hatching the walls, I'm able to see them only on the 2D view but not on 3D view.

Thank you, 

Estee 

Hi,

1.) you have turned on Show All in the ALDO's Settings.....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/34632-active-layer-display-optionlayer-display-off/?do=findComment&comment=269374

2.) Turn on the Demo Wall Layer in the 3D Window's ALDO  ( every view has it's own ALDO )

3.) please do Forum Sig.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?tab=comments#comment-155662

Mick

• Like 1

1.) you have turned on Show All in the ALDO's Settings.....

Thanks. It's off. didn't solve my problem... :(

You might need to post the plan file , sounds like you may have messed something up with your new Demo Walls Layer

Close Chief 1st and if the Plan File is bigger than 14mb try zipping it to get under 14mb.

Mick

Post plan files not DWG.

It sounds like your changed the wall type to a demo wall? The demo wall IS invisible in 3D, the point being you don't want to see it in the new build.

As an alternative you could use a different layer for those BUT that will leave it's footprint in the floor finish layer if you turn it off.

For As Built- what many of us do it have one plan that is the as built, hatch the walls to be removed using the hatch wall tool. Then have a second plan for the new work and use a reference display to show the As built as an underlay. The ref display is NOT select-able while in the new plan. The demo wall will not show in the 3D view of the new plan BUT

you can also reference the As built plan in 3D in which case those walls will show.

Sample pic and zipped file added

image.thumb.png.68dd041605d1a4faf6c38fca1c0b7c7d.png

As built plus.zip

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EsteeChief said:

While trying to create As Built and Remodel Views,

I noticed when I click on a wall it doesn't come up in the 

Active Layer Display Options - I have tosearch for it

Second Question is, after creating the Demo Wall Layer and then Hatching the walls,

I'm able to see them only on the 2D view but not on 3D view.

I don't see a Demo Wall Layer ...... only for Door and Windows however your DEMO Wall Types 

are made from OPENING NO MATERIAL  ie Invisible which may explain not being able to see them in 3D  :)

Plan is posted in the Wrong thread..........

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/34632-active-layer-display-optionlayer-display-off/?do=findComment&comment=270297

image.png

image.png

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I don't see a Demo Wall Layer ...... only for Door and Windows however your DEMO Wall Types 

are made from OPENING NO MATERIAL 

Mick that is the default OOB demo walls, they are placed on the walls normal layer by Default. I don't use them but guess some folks do, better than they once were where the setting just made them invisible leading to strips in the flooring.

3 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Post plan files not DWG.

It sounds like your changed the wall type to a demo wall? The demo wall IS invisible in 3D, the point being you don't want to see it in the new build.

As an alternative you could use a different layer for those BUT that will leave it's footprint in the floor finish layer if you turn it off.

For As Built- what many of us do it have one plan that is the as built, hatch the walls to be removed using the hatch wall tool. Then have a second plan for the new work and use a reference display to show the As built as an underlay. The ref display is NOT select-able while in the new plan. The demo wall will not show in the 3D view of the new plan BUT

you can also reference the As built plan in 3D in which case those walls will show.

Sample pic and zipped file added

image.thumb.png.68dd041605d1a4faf6c38fca1c0b7c7d.png

As built plus.zip 1.2 MB · 1 download

Thanks. I'm following a video: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10211/remodeling-how-to-generate-as-built-overlays-in-2d-3d.html?playlist=120 

3 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Mick that is the default OOB demo walls, they are placed on the walls normal layer by Default. I don't use them but guess some folks do, better than they once were where the setting just made them invisible leading to strips in the flooring.

Ahhhh...no I don't use them either , then I am unsure what Demo Walls the OP (Estee) made , will need to have another look.

M.

• Solution
8 hours ago, EsteeChief said:

Thanks. I'm following a video

Since you can't see the wall in 3D AND Kbird1 found that the wall you used is made with Opening No Material  what I think is going on is that you used the drop down menu for wall type and just selected a demo wall. That is an OOB wall (not sure why we have it any longer)

In the video Scott shows makeing a new interior weall type.  I don't think you did that or if you did you did not do it the way he shows (in the video shortly after 19 1/2 minutes)

Image shows 3 types of walls OOB demo from drop down, hatch wall, and new interior wall type. The OOB wall does not show in 3D, wall hatching does not show a different color in 3D, new interior wall does both

NOTE- if  you use wall hatching with a glass house view  for a 3D reference none of the types will show a color; so only matters if you want to see the color in the as built model not in the reference display.

image.thumb.png.035be6817161fd5b75aaf4e49d80f28f.png

Demo Walls.zip

• Like 1