Editing Polyline Solids

twnctyguy

I created a pergola, which inludes 3 pieces I created myself and columns pulled from the library.  Two questions:

1. See the pic below.  I wasn't paying attention and have a little lump on one side of the curved crosspieces.  Once you have created and saved a polyline solid to your library, is it possible to edit it or do I have to start from scratch?

2. As I stated above, the pergola structure comprises 4 components.  Is it possible to "marry" the components so that it's one piece?  (vs. currently where I have to drop each of the 4 pieces into my plans)  Or, should I have created it as one structure with multiple pieces when I originally drew it?

Hope this all makes sense and thanks in advance.  The fact that I've even figured out how to use the polyline tools is a minor miracle!

Pergola.jpg

Pergola Pieces.plan

Yes you should be able to get it back out of the library and edit it if it is still a p-solid.  If you want it all as one you can create a symbol from the assembly but if the next client wants the same thing that is 4' shorter it would be good to also keep the original work in your library as symbols do not edit very well.

Eric:

To answer your questions:

Yes the curved piece is a symbol in my library.

Per your instructions I selected all and created a block, saved it to the library as a symbol and it worked perfectly.  Thanks.