Wall Elevation Camers -> Room Name

ACADuser

45 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

%view.name% yields "Page: 4"

I think what you want is the Camera name Correct ? hence I thought %view.xxxxx% may work ,

which is what the Layout Box Name uses as it's Label so an invisible arrow ( visible below) to the

Layout box from the Marker and %label% or %automatic_label% should work.

image.thumb.png.fff26a9f4df4dc97ce989370b99501b7.png

Working on dinner so I'll pick this up later.

What I was thinking is that the camera could pick up the room name from the room it was in.

That could be used as the label of the layout created from that camera.

This means only the room name need be changes to change the layout label name.

later

Thanks Joe, but wanted the camera to pick up the room name it was in & the layout to display that room name in it's label.

Once you type in the rooms name you do only have to alter it in one place, the room dbx.

Is there a prefix to %room.name% that would work in the camera NAME field?

You are correct Joe. This is my reply to tech support after they confirmed the issue.

Yes please report this issue.
Seems short-sighted to allow "Call Outs", "Markers" & "Notes" to access the Room name but a ROOM "Wall Elevation Camera" to not allow access to a room name.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ACADuser said:

You are correct Joe. This is my reply to tech support after they confirmed the issue.

Yes please report this issue.
Seems short-sighted to allow "Call Outs", "Markers" & "Notes" to access the Room name but a ROOM "Wall Elevation Camera" to not allow access to a room name.

Thanks for the followup Alan....

Mick.

1 hour ago, ACADuser said:

It would actually be nice if the %room.name% macro could be used in naming the view in the Project Browser.  If that worked then %automatic_label% could be used in the Layout Box Callout Label.

This is I believe a level of macro referencing that CA has intentionally prevented.  There was another case I had reported that was similar and I was told it would be looked into - but no promises.

• Upvote 1