Have You Upgraded To The Official X14 Release?

HumbleChief

I've had a few problems: 

• corner boards keep falling off on the attic level, even when manually dragged up from the floor below. (I need to test this more thoroughly).
  • text used for the dimension of an elevation marker is being stretched or compressed (this varies by font and does not affect all fonts)
  • Chief has been very slow when switching between plan views (legacy plans)
  • dang near every text box that I have in my template plan is being resized again!! Chief messed them all up at X13 so I already fixed them, and now that process has to be repeated. Because I don't use Chief's default eye-bleeding font?? If i double click a rich text box, then close it, Chief changes its size. Text boxes that were stacked / aligned, aren't anymore. Wonderful, just wonderful.
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I've had a few problems: 

• corner boards keep falling off on the attic level, even when manually dragged up from the floor below. (I need to test this more thoroughly).
  • text used for the dimension of an elevation marker is being stretched or compressed (this varies by font and does not affect all fonts)
  • Chief has been very slow when switching between plan views (legacy plans)
  • dang near every text box that I have in my template plan is being resized again!! Chief messed them all up at X13 so I already fixed them, and now that process has to be repeated. Because I don't use Chief's default eye-bleeding font?? If i double click a rich text box, then close it, Chief changes its size. Text boxes that were stacked / aligned, aren't anymore. Wonderful, just wonderful.

Grrr... I don't have the same work flow so not experiencing the same issues with any release but has to be frustrating. I'll still put the upgrade off for a little bit. Thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, HumbleChief said:

Grrr... I don't have the same work flow so not experiencing the same issues with any release but has to be frustrating. I'll still put the upgrade off for a little bit. Thanks for the reply.

No reason not to try it since it will run Side by side , just make copies of Plans to Open in X14 , so they can still be opened in X13.

Like Rob I am seeing numerous small bugs but for me at least so far it is more "stable" than X13 and the "SAVE Lockout/crash" seems to have subsided too.

M.

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen any problems with X14. I have, just today, however, crashed my Radeon GPU twice, trying to render a camera in Physically Based mode. Looks great in Standard, but switching to Physically Based gives me a Radeon error dialog that says it will close the app, and then it does. It seems to be related to the artificial light sources I added--it was rendering fine before that.

I blame my underpowered GPU, not X14--easy to say with a new GPU coming next week.

16 hours ago, ADallas said:

I blame my underpowered GPU, not X14--easy to say with a new GPU coming next week.

It's not the GPU...... I have a 3080Ti and 3080 here......still random and unpredictable crashes in PBR - RTRT just like X13 though X14 is generally "more Stable"

- as well as assorted other issues like extras lines in Layout in Elevation views.  ( Surface Triangle Lines I believe )

- Objects set at Absolute height being set back to finished Floor 

etc.

*mostly related to Projects done in X12 and 13 perhaps ?