X14 Active Layer Display and Library not Working

DHerb2014

I just upgraded to X14 today. I noticed after importing/migrating older files to new version, I'm not able to select View/Active Layer Display to open up a separate window. I went back to X12 and did the same thing, and it opened in a separate window next to my main window.

Also, the Library icon is shown in upper right corner. When I select it, nothing happens. It doesn't open.

I'm not sure what's going on and hoping someone has encountered this too.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, DHerb2014 said:

See attachment for both icons. Neither will open up. X12 works fine, but X14 not working yet.

Library Browser Icon and Active Layer Display Icon.pdf 465.4 kB · 12 downloads

They sure appear as if they are open.  Since you have your Chief window floating and not maximized to the windows screen did you try moving the window and looking behind the Chief window?  Do you have a second monitor? Did you try reset your side menus in preferences reset?  It’s a common issue and that is what happens.  If not then it’s time to contact customer tech support.  That’s what your ssa is for.

David and Ryan, thanks for your suggestions. Going to reach out for technical services at Chief. When I toggle View/Library Browser or View/Active Layer Display Options in X12, each open in their own windows. Neither open in X14 for some strange reason and the Library and ALDO icons on the right side show "check marks" but don't open.

Also deleted X14 and restarted PC and downloaded again. Same results. By the way, my MacBook Pro works just fine with X14 and both windows open respectively. Very strange...

Before contacting tech support, did you try Eric's suggestion of using the "Reset Side Windows" tool first?

For more info, see this tech article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00654/restoring-the-size-position-of-the-side-windows.html

If that does not work, then by all means you should contact tech support before they close for the long weekend.

Dermot,

Yes, this worked and the side windows are back. I've been using Chief since 1998 and with every new release, things get modified or updated. Many thanks for your help on this one. Your link was extremely helpful by the way, and was easy to follow.