X14 - Project Browser window size resets

robdyck

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

53 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

It would be nice if Chief remembered those things.

Yeah, I found this odd. X13 always opens them in the same location and size. 

Whatever, between X13 and X14, Chief has gotten very costly. You can't soar with the eagles when...

16 minutes ago, glennw said:

Is this happening all the time or occasionally.

The central window resizes the adjacent size windows to the OOB default each time Chief X14 is opened. It remains as I set it for the duration of each session.

I am finding a number of different DBX are not "remembering" their Layout eg in a Materials selection Window after adjusting the Panes,

same issue as in X12 I think it was at 1st?

I am also unsure why the Dashboard goes full screen every time I open X14 ( i didn't mind the X13 look ) ....and if I turn it Off completely Chief automatically Opens a new Plan ???

X13 also seems to be overwriting the X14 "File Associations" , another old long time Issue that has come back it seems.

M.

• 2 weeks later...

Shoving this topic back to the top! Everytime I re-open X14, I need to reset my view windows. I'm sending this to tech support, but if anyone knows of a solution, I'd love to hear about it.

This is how Chief re-opens:image.thumb.png.185b4de234abe8ac8c1c4e67f9facef2.png

This is how I prefer to have the windows:image.thumb.png.c11c79af2d4a7bfd61792b2ddeebf6fd.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

So I can only assume that you also now wear a hard hat while drafting?

Head Bash GIFs | Tenor

Love it ! 

I normally have my ALDO and PB Left and Right on 2nd/3rd Screens and find if I close them before I close Chief they come back at the same size when reopened but suffer the same issue as you if I just close Chief, at least I think that's what's going on , either way was not an issue in X13.

M.

• 3 months later...
  • Solution

Update.....

For those also having an issue with Chief 'remembering' their window sizes, I believe I have found the 'issue' (for lack of a better word) and a resulting fix. Side window sizes can be affected by the inherent size of the Walkthrough Preview Dialog. Chief remembers and prefers this window more than any others! So...if you don't want the Walkthrough Preview window visible and would like your other windows reduced and remembered the solution is to:

1. Display the Walkthrough Preview Window
  2. Relocate that Window to a secondary monitor
  3. Adjust the remaining window sizes to your preferred widths / positions.
  4. Turn off the display of the Walkthrough Preview Window.

Because of Chief's preference and memory of the Walkthrough Preview window size and position, Chief will no longer adjust your other side windows to fit the space that would have been occupied by the Walkthrough Preview Window.

Whew!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Update.....

For those also having an issue with Chief 'remembering' their window sizes, I believe I have found the 'issue' (for lack of a better word) and a resulting fix. Side window sizes can be affected by the inherent size of the Walkthrough Preview Dialog. Chief remembers and prefers this window more than any others! So...if you don't want the Walkthrough Preview window visible and would like your other windows reduced and remembered the solution is to:

Because of Chief's preference and memory of the Walkthrough Preview window size and position, Chief will no longer adjust your other side windows to fit the space that would have been occupied by the Walkthrough Preview Window.

Whew!

Wow !......that's one I would of never figured out, being that I never use the Walkthrough Preview, but I'll give this a try as I still have the Side Windows' Issue.

thanks for the heads Up Rob.  (what Forum doesn't have a Thumbs Up Emoticon?  this one apparently :) )

On 6/9/2022 at 12:38 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

IMO, all dialogs should open to the same size, zoom factor, location, etc as when they were closed.  

Every user has reasons for how they adjust apps.  Chief should respect that.

could not have said it better myself........

Mick.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 12:43 PM, robdyck said:

Update.....

Whew!

GAHH!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I finally had enough with having to resize the PB docked window every session, and searched and found this thread.

OMG I was ready to break something valuable. Give yourself a "Solved" for that one, you deserve it! :P

• Upvote 1