HELP PLEASE - Won't Create Deck Hole in Platform

amydiane21

Thank you in advance for all willing to help.

I originally created a deck in X13. I have the floor set at 24" with an above ground pool in the middle but the pole was dug into the ground so that only 1 inch was above the floor and all was perfect. I have the hole cut for the floor and all was showing perfectly, as it should. 

I opened it in X14 yesterday and now it will not cut the planks for the deck. If you look underneath, it is framed out for the hole but the decking still goes across the hole. I have tried to delete it, start over, and nothing works. I have the regenerate deck framing on. I have tried to check and uncheck it. 

I am wondering if it is a glitch in the new release or if there is something that I am missing. Please help. Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Amy D. Anderson

Designer & Owner

BA Buildings & Barndos, LLC, Sister Company to Conley Concrete Construction & UnConventional Living

Cell: 309.721.1892

Work: 309.524.6161

Email: amy@babuildings.com

Email: amy@unconventional-living.com

Chief Architect Premier X14

Build: 24.1.0.46 Windows 10 64-bit

Screenshot 2022-05-26 111652.jpg

Screenshot 2022-05-26 115045.jpg

Screenshot 2022-05-26 115409.jpg

Hi Amy,

Please post the plan file.  You can do this by exiting Chief Architect and then uploading the plan file in the forum.  Please note that if CA has the file open, you will not be able to upload it.

Doug

I still wasn't able to fix what was already in the design, but I created another one in another new plan and then copy and pasted it over. It carried over perfect, so I guess I am good. 

And thank you Mick. I did try to call them but support was in a meeting this morning and couldn't talk to anyone. I will email them.