Release x14 install - Help please

DKDesigns

Had this message pop up. The installer is working properly. I installed 2 other programs to test. Only the X14 update brings this message and won't install.

Turned off all anti virus and tune up programs.

2 week old laptop:

MSI Crosshair series

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU 8 GB GDDR6
Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900H (2.50GHz)
32GB Memory

1 TB NVMe SSD

Windows 11

Screenshot 2022-05-25 104430.jpg

Additional info: system has X14 beta installed and have been using it

Unfortunately, installation problems are usually not the kind of thing that can be easily solved on a user forum like this.

Fortunately, they are the kind of thing that can almost always be solved by our tech support team:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/

Or if you prefer to try and solve this problem on your own (or you are trying to do this when tech support is not available), I would start with this tech article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00214/troubleshooting-installation-problems.html

• Upvote 1

For a while on another machine I was having a problem installing Chief from the download folder. If I copied the MSI file to the windows desktop it would work. Never figured out the problem, suspect it was a Win issue, but didn't care once I got it to work. Worth a try.

27 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

For a while on another machine I was having a problem installing Chief from the download folder. If I copied the MSI file to the windows desktop it would work. Never figured out the problem, suspect it was a Win issue, but didn't care once I got it to work. Worth a try.

Thanks that didn't do it. I'm gonna have to waste the afternoon with tech support.