Help needed to add drywall to wall ends

MovingandShaking

Hi there,

Looking for guidance on how to make drywall wrap around the ends of interior walls. After reading suggestions from other posts on the same topic, I've tried adding a 1/32" wall layer of paint to the outer side of the walls: Didn't work. I tried using the Edit Wall Layer tool to drag the wall locator to the edge, past the framing: Didn't work. I really wish Chief Architect would fix this issue--I've seen other similar comments, going back several years. I'm using Chief Architect Premier X13 now.

Thanks for your help!

image.thumb.png.9cb35b4aeb183c51b392bef92d46e4b8.png

This problem is usually caused by one or two things:
1.    The exterior wall layer is setup as a main layer in the wall definition instead of an exterior or interior layer.
2.    The framing wall layer is not marked as framing.

__CA temp 701 temp.JPG

7 minutes ago, MovingandShaking said:

Here's the screenshot of the wall definition:

Is the main layer marked as "Framing" as Charles posted above?  If it is you may need to post your plan file.

10 minutes ago, MovingandShaking said:

Here's the screenshot of the wall definition:

image.thumb.png.0981134c96752b72bf2c8e773e168fe6.png

You can see another layer below your drywall on the interior layer.  That is most likely the paint layer and what is causing the issue.

1 minute ago, rgardner said:

You can see another layer below your drywall on the interior layer.  That is most likely the paint layer and what is causing the issue.

Pretty sure it is just the extra unexplained interior line the same as Charles posted but yes definitely worth checking.

Ok, confirmed that the framing layer is marked as framing, per Charles' suggestion. Removing the paint layer didn't solve the problem. The wall closest to the camera was inside of a previously defined room--once I aligned that wall with the room boundaries, the problem was solved. Thanks for your suggestions, everyone!

5 minutes ago, MovingandShaking said:

Ok, confirmed that the framing layer is marked as framing, per Charles' suggestion. Removing the paint layer didn't solve the problem. The wall closest to the camera was inside of a previously defined room--once I aligned that wall with the room boundaries, the problem was solved. Thanks for your suggestions, everyone!

JUST FYI.  When you moved the wall it reset it.  99.99% of the time with this case scenario the paint layer is what was causing the issue.